How do I restore the data on my apps?!

got99problems

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
A couple of days ago I was playing Clash of Clans on my Samsung S3 when the screen started to flicker and then shut off because it had run out of power. I plugged the phone in to charge and after a few hours I unplugged it and switched it back on. To my surprise, the phoned started up with Google's stock lockscreen image instead of my own. The PIN and custom message was still the same though. When the phone unlocked, my regular wallpaper was there, but I then got a message to say Google Search had stopped working, followed by an alert for each and everyone of my installed apps saying they each needed updating. I also started getting 'tips' pop-up on how to use my phone, as if this was my very first time. Apart from Google Search, all of my apps and widgets were in their usual place, but my preset alarm clock times had been cleared and my notepad notes too. I clicked on a few different apps and they all booted up as if this was the first time I'd used them, including Clash of Clans (what's become of my base I do not know!). My telephone numbers are gone, but my text messages and photos are still saved on my phone. I clicked the sync button for my google account, but it hasn't helped.

What's happened?! :(

Model GT-19300
Android version 4.3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, it sounds like the phone had a significant failure, and might have done a spontaneous factory reset. Hard to say if it had to do with using it until the battery ran out (which is generally a bad idea, since letting a battery run out regularly decreases its overall lifespan). Unfortunately, the app data is probably gone. The Backup Data to Google function actually isn't used by many 3rd party apps at all, so you won't find much there. (The upcoming Android M is supposed to have a more robust app data backup system, so hopefully app developers will take advantage of that.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan