Why is my text tone not shutting off even after I have read the text?

GideonG

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Sorry to be a bother, but I think my Huawei Ascend Y530 is having an issue with an intermittent bug. It's running android 4.3 and (to my knowledge) isn't rooted. It's a new phone and I love except that occasionally, when the phone receives a text, the music that I have set to play doesn't stop until the song has finished. Most of the time, it reacts normally and stops at the first touch after unlocking the phone, but occasionally the music just continues until the song is finished.

I've tried turning the phone on and off again and while that sometimes works, other times the song has just started up again from where it left off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Gideon

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Sorry to be a bother, but I think my Huawei Ascend Y530 is having an issue with an intermittent bug. It's running android 4.3 and (to my knowledge) isn't rooted. It's a new phone and I love except that occasionally, when the phone receives a text, the music that I have set to play doesn't stop until the song has finished. Most of the time, it reacts normally and stops at the first touch after unlocking the phone, but occasionally the music just continues until the song is finished.

I've tried turning the phone on and off again and while that sometimes works, other times the song has just started up again from where it left off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Gideon

Obviously I can't speak for every phone, but, usually, the tone you set plays for as long as the tone/song/track is, at least I think it does (can't say I've set a song as a message tone!).

So, if you choose a 'beep' as you notify sound, it will beep. If you chose, 'Beep beep beep beep beep', it should beep 5 times. So, if you pick a song that's 3 minutes long, that will play until you read the message.

GideonG

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Obviously I can't speak for every phone, but, usually, the tone you set plays for as long as the tone/song/track is, at least I think it does (can't say I've set a song as a message tone!).

So, if you choose a 'beep' as you notify sound, it will beep. If you chose, 'Beep beep beep beep beep', it should beep 5 times. So, if you pick a song that's 3 minutes long, that will play until you read the message.

Oh, so it's by design rather than a bug? That makes me feel better! Thanks so much for your help! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar