how can I remove this malware?

NightWar996

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello, recently my samsung galaxy core got malware on it which pops out notifications (such as Easy Locker, Daily Yoga etc) and also pops out some ads randomly while I am switching apps. When I'm searching in chrome it shows a bar that covers the browser's search bar. I already have tried to force a hard reset, I took the SIM and SD card off with no luck at removing it. Is anyone else going through something like this?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You'll need to locate the app that it came with and uninstall that. Typically the most likely culprit is the shady app downloaded and opened on the day the malware appeared. If you are unable to locate it, then a factory reset should do it.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You'll just have to go through the apps you've downloaded recently and uninstall them. Like Assassin said, it's most likely a shady app not downloaded from Google Play or an app with relatively few downloads. If you can't find it then simply do a factory reset as already suggested.

Make sure you read app permissions carefully when you install an app, it will save you a lot of time and headache later on.

NightWar996

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
You'll need to locate the app that it came with and uninstall that. Typically the most likely culprit is the shady app downloaded and opened on the day the malware appeared. If you are unable to locate it, then a factory reset should do it.

Thank you for the response! I already tried that, even resetting it with the power button, volume up and main button. Also, the malware reinstalls itself after I turn the wifi on, even though there are no apps are installed on the device.