Factory Mode showing in running applications??

ukbritbrat

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini on 4.1.2 GT-I8190N thats been playing up big time, battery draining wsy to fast freezing on me etc so today i did a Factory Reset. Ive got it all working ok as far as i can tell. However on going into my Appications in settings i noticed in Running Applications Factory Mode is running. I googled this and im very confused as all im getting is results about rooting and unrooted phones??? Downloaded Root Checker Pro from Google Play Store and its told me i am Not Rooted but my searches showed on googling that only rooted phones will run Factory Mode.

Can anyone help im so confused and i have no idea ehat rooting does etc and dont wsnt to turn my phone into a dead brick!. :'(

Thank you
Teresa

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since you didn't root and modify the device, the fact that things were acting up before this happened suggests that the firmware got corrupted somehow. Are you able to reinstall the firmware using Samsung Kies?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What are you saying "no" about? Do you mean you don't have a computer to use Samsung Kies with?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you in the US? If so, bring the phone to a Best Buy, and see if the Samsung Experience rep can help reflash the firmware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34