Can't mount system as R/W!

Skinjob

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Got a problem with my Huawei Y530, that I can't get past. It's running stock ICS 4.3. I rooted the phone but obviously, without recovery, since recoveries and custom ROMs don't exist for the Huawei Y530, far as I know. I am using the latest SuperSU Pro (4.6) for superuser, and "Root Checker" confirms I'm rooted. The problem is, things like Link2SD mount scripts won't work, because the system is read only. I installed the latest version of BusyBox, FWIW, and it (eventually) said it installed correctly. I tried running Terminal Emulator commands to mount the system as rw, but got blocked with the error "read only filesystem".

Is there a way to mount the system as r/w, on stock ROM and without a custom recovery/bootloader installed?

Skinjob

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried a fastboot command in the Terminal Emulator app... it wouldn't recognize the command. Does it need to be from a computer via the ADB shell? Interestingly.... I just discovered through a YouTube video that there appears to be a clockworkmod-type recovery on the device, that you can boot into. Its limited in what it allows, compared to cwm but.... aside from wipes, the commands include:

1. Apply update from external storage
2. Apply update from ADB
3. Touchscreen firmware update

What I'm not sure of is, if there's a way to use this in-built recovery to open up the r/w permissions so I can change system files.

Skinjob

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well the fastboot commands didn't work in Terminal Emulator. The error returned is that the system is read-only. Installing apps that claim to mount the system as r/w didn't work either. Is the PC version of ADB slated to work where the Terminal Emulator wouldn't? (I ask because it's a lot of trouble for me to set this up, as I have a Mac).
Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to a PC shell command.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is the PC version of ADB slated to work where the Terminal Emulator wouldn't?

I've always been under the impression that the Terminal Emulator can't do all functions of ADB/fastboot commands. Changing the R/W is something that, as far as I am aware, needs to be done while the phone is in fastboot mode.

Skinjob

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Uh-oh.... does putting the phone in fastboot mode not require an unlocked bootloader... (which as far as I know, is not available for this phone)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon