Google Now voice/microphone levels
Posted this in the Asus Infinity forum but got no response, maybe someone here can help me:
So I got my Jelly Bean update yesterday and I am enjoying the Google Now cards, but I cannot get it to recognize my voice requests. When I press the microphone icon, it turns red and I get the "Speak Now" prompt for a few seconds. Then it times out and returns no results. I can be YELLING directly at any of the microphone ports and it does not recognize my voice. If I take a video, it picks up audio just fine. When I look in Settings | Language & Input | Speech | Voice Search, I have a language (Default - English US) selected and downloaded. During the "Speak Now" prompt, it does seem to recognize finger snaps close to the microphone, but not my voice. Any clues what is going on? Is there a hidden microphone volume setting that I haven't found?
- 10-05-2012, 08:52 PM #2
Re: Google Now voice/microphone levels
Stock rom. I get the red circle, but it doesn't bounce unless I am tapping the microphone port on the device. I can scream at the same port and it doesn't pick me up. If I record a video with the camera app, sound levels are fine. It seems to be something about the Google Now app that is changing the input levels.
What do you mean by "delete user files from Google Now"? Where would I find these files?
- By bryanlakatos in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 02-16-2013, 01:03 PM
- By Soyle Mycelf in forum ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 700Replies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2012, 07:41 AM
- By draftpeppin in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 6Last Post: 09-23-2012, 06:37 PM
- By Therefore in forum Google Nexus 7 TabletReplies: 7Last Post: 09-09-2012, 02:13 PM
- By Trevalkin in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2012, 01:41 AM