Google sync - People Details

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I have just recently noticed that there are two sync setting that seem to overlap in terms of description - "contacts" & "people details".

The first is self explanatory but the second isn't so clear - does anyone know what this is? I could hazard a guess myself but that would just be guessing. :)

Thanks.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have just recently noticed that there are two sync setting that seem to overlap in terms of description - "contacts" & "people details".

The first is self explanatory but the second isn't so clear - does anyone know what this is? I could hazard a guess myself but that would just be guessing. :)

Thanks.

One may be from your phone manufacturer and not part of stock Android.

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I'm using CM 10 on both my tablet and phone. The extra option appears on the tablet and not the phone. It is obviously a service that Google provides because it has to sync somewhere with something - so it can't really just be an extra feature plastered on top of a stock ROM.

Thanks.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'm using CM 10 on both my tablet and phone. The extra option appears on the tablet and not the phone. It is obviously a service that Google provides because it has to sync somewhere with something - so it can't really just be an extra feature plastered on top of a stock ROM.

Thanks.

I only have "contacts" in my stock Nexus JB. "People" may have been added. Someone the other day with either a stock Samsung or LG phone also mentioned having both.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I can see same on my HTC one X with stock rom. Something pushed silently by Google I guess

It is stock meaning you have not installed a custom ROM. However, it is not "virgin" Android. Manufacturers and cell carriers are known to customize Android for their own purposes. Nexus devices sold through the Google Play Store do not contain any additional customization.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol