What do you want in Android KitKat?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Since this is general topic I wanted to post this in the popular forum which is Nexus 4. So, what do you want in KLP?

-Notification settings
Android has the most sophisticated Notification and yet it doesn't have a notification settings? so far just enable/disable Notification??
these are my wish list
Let customize volume level and ringtone based on apps.
Let customize LED based on apps. just like LED flow and move LED settings to notification rather than display.
Let customize vibration based on app.
Set notification to standard/low priority/disable based on apps. right now its just enable/disable.
Option in App info like "Disable Notification" to "Kill the app when closed"
Option in App info like "Disable Notification" to "Dont start App automatically"
See Notification from lock screen(PIN,Pattern and Password) and make it an option in settings.

-Lockscreen
authorize apps I choose to be access with out unlocking the phone.

-UI consistency
still lot to improve on UI

-Backup/restore home screen and Application data to Google drive and restore to any device.

-Bed time mode. enable/disable notification at a period of time in a day.

-Project butter 2

-Parental control.
improve and add multiuser/parental control

-release the messaging app in play store just like calendar & sound search. integrate Gtalk/Google voice/Google+ messenger

-remote wipe/locate(find my phone) and manage device from play.google.com

POST YOUR WISHLIST!!!!!!

Last edited:

noxlord

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

- Advanced multiuser support (you know, for tablets mainly)
- support for "Guest mode". You know, when you let someone make a call with your phone but you don't want him to read your texts ...

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Maybe more settings on things? Ive seen some limitations on the android. Maybe its because i cant find it but thats just my thoughts
Also anyone having problems with the lockscreen not siding properly and you have to wait some time before you actually can?

Sent from my Nexus 4

CLinATL

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site

I want to see them fix everything they broke with 4.2 .1 upgrade. I'd love Bluetooth connectivity to function again. I'd like the ugly alarm clock interface changed back. I'd like the screen lock interface changed back.

It would also be nice to be able to hear on the Galaxy Nexus speaker phone.

SHADMOS

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

-Swiping notification marks email as read.
-groups in contacts so emailing groups is easier
- rotating home screen
- control number on home screen panels

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

- Obviously all the generic stuff everyone else wants: faster, better on battery blah blah.

More specifically:

- Fix up the messaging issue. Messaging, Google Plus messenger, Google Talk has to be combined into one messaging app.

- Ditch the holo theme. It's been nice while it lasted, but it now looks Google has been going with a simple, white card looking system. I personally think it looks more modern and better. I'd like Google to peruse that, as right now, it's a bit of a mish-mash with some sections blue then some apps all new card looking themes.

- The cut/paste system still doesn't work 100%. Long pressing on the screen doesn't always bring up the cut/paste menu and when long pressing on a word, a lot of the time it will just have the single blue pointer rather than the two blue pointers for me to highlight a word.

- For whatever reason when i type i, it's always little case i and not capital i like it should be. More keyboard improvements.

- Can't move items from one folder to another without connecting the phone to a PC. I downloaded photos which i want to move to my camera folder, but they're stuck in the downloads folder until i move it manually in PC.

- Have a slider at the bottom of the app drawer. Having pages and pages of widgets, it's a pain in the ass swiping through so many.

- In Google voice search/Google Now, i want to be able to say "navigate to John's place" and i want the phone to understand that i want to navigate to my friends house so it'll fire up Google Maps navigation. Also i should be able to type my family/friends name in Google Maps and it should show up their addresses as results. As long as their address is in my contact details, it should understand that i want to go to their place.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SHADMOS

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

"- In Google voice search/Google Now, i want to be able to say "navigate to John's place" and i want the phone to understand that i want to navigate to my friends house so it'll fire up Google Maps navigation. Also i should be able to type my family/friends name in Google Maps and it should show up their addresses as results." <---- like times 10000

Parth Ghetia

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I want an iMessage competitor that utilizes phone numbers instead of account handles so that it's more streamlined and integrated. This goes along with combining all of Google's messaging apps into one.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Can't move items from one folder to another without connecting the phone to a PC. I downloaded photos which i want to move to my camera folder, but they're stuck in the downloads folder until i move it manually in PC.
get ESfile explorer. you can do file management straight from you phone.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

id like to see native support for LED controls like the OP mentioned. I shouldn't have to do it via Light Flow... Also, notification popups on the lock screen (like touchwiz and iphone).I also think their needs to be native control for itunes syncing (wireless too). Multi window support like windows phone is doing would be cool. The stock music app needs to be improved too. Enable voice commands on it like you can with the GS3. Battery life needs more optimization. Expand the versatility of Google Now to make it more integrated with apps. I can't think of anything else...

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

After switching back to the stock launcher for a little bit, I feel it needs a lot of work.
1. Horizontal page scrolling as before mentioned is a pain in the a$$. One of the reasons why I dislike iOS. Needs to have options to change it to continuous scrolling (horizontal or vertical).
2. Long pressing on the home screen needs to give more options instead of just letting you change the wallpaper. Idk why they changed this from gingerbread.
3. Needs gesture support (combination of touchwiz and/or third party launchers features would be nice).
4. Need to be able to uninstall apps directly by long pressing it on the home screen.
5. stock keyboard needs improvement with swiping
6. Needs to be an option to change the wallpaper of the app drawer and lock screen.
7. lock screen needs improvement (should allow you to place favorite apps on that giant circle so you can get to them quicker.

These with the other things I mentioned would be a solid update...

Last edited:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

The iMessage competitor really appeals to me.
Definitely what I want.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

more miracast settings to send just music/video or pictures to TV.

Android Beam improvements to send all files.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

What is android beam?

"With Android Beam on Jelly Bean you can now easily share your photos and videos with just a simple tap, in addition to sharing contacts, web pages, YouTube videos, directions, and apps. Just touch two NFC-enabled Android devices back-to-back, then tap to beam whatever's on the screen to your friend."

Sending photos and video over Android Beam in Jelly Bean - YouTube

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc