Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree63Likes

Default Re: What do you want in Android KitKat?

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    That's a carrier thing, not an os thing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    iOS would prove you wrong. Go ahead and try to take out their Newsstand app or even put it in a folder so you don't have to see it.

Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    that would be an absolute shame if its not in 4.4 when the s3/s4 is capable of doing so right now.
    4.4 features have been pretty much leaked so unless there's a surprise, it's not part of it

I want an option to not have the persons pic in my texts. I bought this phone for the big screen. I would like to utilize that screen and I'm not 13. I don't have pics of people in my phone. The second is the text message showing on the locked screen. Go back to the 4.2 version. Third and most important is let me have the old Maps back with the zoom buttons and ARROW not that stupid dot and unusable tap tap zoom. I used maps daily before being forced to the new one. now its useless. I used the directions from: POINT ON MAP daily. bring that back.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrew2002 View Post
    I want an option to not have the persons pic in my texts. I bought this phone for the big screen. I would like to utilize that screen and I'm not 13. I don't have pics of people in my phone. The second is the text message showing on the locked screen. Go back to the 4.2 version. Third and most important is let me have the old Maps back with the zoom buttons and ARROW not that stupid dot and unusable tap tap zoom. I used maps daily before being forced to the new one. now its useless. I used the directions from: POINT ON MAP daily. bring that back.
    A solution to your first problem is just to download a third-party text messaging app. There are quite a few but here are some to get you started:
    Textra SMS: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=com.textra
    ChompSMS: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.p1.chompsms and Handcent: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndcent.nextsms

Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3

The ability to go back to Jellybean without rooting, my Moto G was a nicer phone to use before the KitKat update.
    daryl_t likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvinder Sunila View Post
    The ability to go back to Jellybean without rooting, my Moto G was a nicer phone to use before the KitKat update.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    How so?
    Hi neonworm,
    With Jellybean the screen brightness was higher, therefore it was a nicer experience using the phone.
    There was no stutter/lag when scrolling in apps or the web.
    The dialler was nicer looking and easier to use.
    Personally I prefered the blue icons that are now white.
    Some of my apps stutter before opening.
    I go into in more detail in the Moto G forum here
    I know it's probably easy to say but diificult to do, but an option in settings that says "Go back to previous OS 4.3" which did exactly that would be great.
    KitKat might be an update on some phones, but on the Moto G it was more of a side-date, it didn't speed it up, it didn't increase battery life etc...but it did take away a lot of things about the Moto G that I and many others liked.

Hi neonworm,
    With Jellybean the screen brightness was higher, therefore it was a nicer experience using the phone.
    There was no stutter/lag when scrolling in apps or the web.
    The dialler was nicer looking and easier to use.
    Personally I prefered the blue icons that are now white.
    Some of my apps stutter before opening.
    I go into in more detail in the Moto G forum here
    I know it's probably easy to say but diificult to do, but an option in settings that says "Go back to previous OS 4.3" which did exactly that would be great.
    KitKat might be an update on some phones, but on the Moto G it was more of a side-date, it didn't speed it up, it didn't increase battery life etc...but it did take away a lot of things about the Moto G that I and many others liked.
    Ahh I see. Have you tried clearing the system cache partition? It might fix the problems. You will not lose any data if you do it.

Thanked by:

Have you tried clearing the system cache partition? It might fix the problems. You will not lose any data if you do it.
    Hi neonworm,
    How do you clear the system cache partition on the Moto G, and is that different from using a cache cleaner app like Cache Cleaner+ which I already use ?

Thanks.

Hi neonworm,
    How do you clear the system cache partition on the Moto G, and is that different from using a cache cleaner app like Cache Cleaner+ which I already use ?

Thanks.
    Yes, it is different from that. This one clears the system cache. Here are the steps to do it:

1. Turn off the phone.

2. Turn on the phone by pressing and holding the Volume buttons [Volume UP + Volume DOWN]. Now you will enter the recovery mode

3.Clear the cache (select wipe cache partition)

4. After it is done, then just select reboot.

There you go! If you have trouble doing it then ask me and I will help you out some more

Last edited by neonworm; 01-25-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    Thanked by:

Hi neonworm,

Thanks for the information, but turning on the phone by pressing and holding the volume buttons doesn't do anything to my Moto G...it just stays off no matter how long or short I hold down the volume button for.
    Maybe there's a different way to do it on the Moto G ?

Hi neonworm,

Thanks for the information, but turning on the phone by pressing and holding the volume buttons doesn't do anything to my Moto G...it just stays off no matter how long or short I hold down the volume button for.
    Maybe there's a different way to do it on the Moto G ?
    I forgot to say that you have to push and hold the power button along with the volume buttons. Sorry.

Banned

Global Posts
    4,426 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Ability to stop apps from showing up in "Share..." it's the main reason why I barely buy and install apps anymore. Scrolling through that huge list is a serious usability issue for me.

For example I like OfficeSuite Pro for the ODT format support, but it adds a wifi direct share there and therefore I uninstalled it. Google+ I can't use the service because it adds at least 2 Entries to a ton of stuff in the Share (Google+ and "Photos" for a lot of stuff). Apps like Coach's Eye Add "Play" and "Import" links to the Share Menu. BBM I uninstalled quickly because it added BBM and BBM Groups there. FB Messenger, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I uninstalled all of them because they were there.

I like the ability to share to other apps in Android, but the implementation is completely faulty once the user has more than a few apps installed on their device.

There needs to be a way for the user to adjust which apps show up there, in the System Options.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 01-28-2014 at 12:38 PM.

I forgot to say that you have to push and hold the power button along with the volume buttons. Sorry.
    Hi neonworm,
    Yeah, I did that and I got to the screen with the recovery option, after selecting that all I got was the Android robot lying on his back, a red triangle with an exclamation mark and the words No Command nothing happened so I pressed the power button again and it reboted as normal.
    Anyways, don't worry about it...I doubt it's going to bring my screen brightness back which is what annoys me the most about KitKat.

Thanks.

Angry Re: What do you want in Android KitKat?

I totally agree. Jelly Bean was fantastic no issues!

Under KitKat I keep;

1) Loosing the mobile network due to the phantom Airplane Mode
    2) Cannot update via "Phone About" keeps saying no network connection via WiFi, but fine on mobile [not very useful]
    3) Cannot select the 2G mode [which is very useful in poor 3G areas]

Lots of users are having similar issues to me [forum link below]...

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/48fb0b8150

Now Motorola want to collect and send out a replacement phone, not 100% happy as I paid for this phone and don't appreciate receiving a refurbish one, also being with out the phone.

I bought the Moto G phone as my old Nokia XpressMusic is very old and starting to play up. I did not expect these sort of problems with Motorola/Google.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

give back the permission to freely write SD cards like it used to. kitkat broke functionality of those devices that has an sd card. can't copy files over LAN directly to sd card anymore.

The ability to go back to 4.3
    I have not updated because j know how faulty it is but I'm one step from getting kitkat.
    It keeps telling me to install it

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    724 Global Posts

I wanted the same thing the Nexus and GPE S4 got. Didn't even come close. Oh well, I guess I'll deal with it :-p

Posted via Android Central App
    ~~ You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678