Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What do you want in Android KitKat?

Since this is general topic I wanted to post this in the popular forum which is Nexus 4. So, what do you want in KLP?

-Notification settings
    Android has the most sophisticated Notification and yet it doesn't have a notification settings? so far just enable/disable Notification??
    these are my wish list
    Let customize volume level and ringtone based on apps.
    Let customize LED based on apps. just like LED flow and move LED settings to notification rather than display.
    Let customize vibration based on app.
    Set notification to standard/low priority/disable based on apps. right now its just enable/disable.
    Option in App info like "Disable Notification" to "Kill the app when closed"
    Option in App info like "Disable Notification" to "Dont start App automatically"
    See Notification from lock screen(PIN,Pattern and Password) and make it an option in settings.

-Lockscreen
    authorize apps I choose to be access with out unlocking the phone.

-UI consistency
    still lot to improve on UI

-Backup/restore home screen and Application data to Google drive and restore to any device.

-Bed time mode. enable/disable notification at a period of time in a day.

-Project butter 2

-Parental control.
    improve and add multiuser/parental control

-release the messaging app in play store just like calendar & sound search. integrate Gtalk/Google voice/Google+ messenger

-remote wipe/locate(find my phone) and manage device from play.google.com

POST YOUR WISHLIST!!!!!!
    Last edited by still1; 09-07-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    abarzua21 likes this.

Default Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

- Advanced multiuser support (you know, for tablets mainly)
    - support for "Guest mode". You know, when you let someone make a call with your phone but you don't want him to read your texts ...

Maybe more settings on things? Ive seen some limitations on the android. Maybe its because i cant find it but thats just my thoughts
    Also anyone having problems with the lockscreen not siding properly and you have to wait some time before you actually can?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    jerrod6 likes this.

I want to see them fix everything they broke with 4.2 .1 upgrade. I'd love Bluetooth connectivity to function again. I'd like the ugly alarm clock interface changed back. I'd like the screen lock interface changed back.

It would also be nice to be able to hear on the Galaxy Nexus speaker phone.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

-Swiping notification marks email as read.
    -groups in contacts so emailing groups is easier
    - rotating home screen
    - control number on home screen panels

- Obviously all the generic stuff everyone else wants: faster, better on battery blah blah.

More specifically:

- Fix up the messaging issue. Messaging, Google Plus messenger, Google Talk has to be combined into one messaging app.

- Ditch the holo theme. It's been nice while it lasted, but it now looks Google has been going with a simple, white card looking system. I personally think it looks more modern and better. I'd like Google to peruse that, as right now, it's a bit of a mish-mash with some sections blue then some apps all new card looking themes.

- The cut/paste system still doesn't work 100%. Long pressing on the screen doesn't always bring up the cut/paste menu and when long pressing on a word, a lot of the time it will just have the single blue pointer rather than the two blue pointers for me to highlight a word.

- For whatever reason when i type i, it's always little case i and not capital i like it should be. More keyboard improvements.

- Can't move items from one folder to another without connecting the phone to a PC. I downloaded photos which i want to move to my camera folder, but they're stuck in the downloads folder until i move it manually in PC.

- Have a slider at the bottom of the app drawer. Having pages and pages of widgets, it's a pain in the *** swiping through so many.

- In Google voice search/Google Now, i want to be able to say "navigate to John's place" and i want the phone to understand that i want to navigate to my friends house so it'll fire up Google Maps navigation. Also i should be able to type my family/friends name in Google Maps and it should show up their addresses as results. As long as their address is in my contact details, it should understand that i want to go to their place.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by I Can Be Your Hero; 01-05-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

"- In Google voice search/Google Now, i want to be able to say "navigate to John's place" and i want the phone to understand that i want to navigate to my friends house so it'll fire up Google Maps navigation. Also i should be able to type my family/friends name in Google Maps and it should show up their addresses as results." <---- like times 10000
    bobjohnson201 and Zudeo like this.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

improved notification center

ROM
    Stock 4.2.1

I want an iMessage competitor that utilizes phone numbers instead of account handles so that it's more streamlined and integrated. This goes along with combining all of Google's messaging apps into one.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by noxlord View Post
    support for "Guest mode". You know, when you let someone make a call with your phone but you don't want him to read your texts ...
    lol...
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Can't move items from one folder to another without connecting the phone to a PC. I downloaded photos which i want to move to my camera folder, but they're stuck in the downloads folder until i move it manually in PC.
    get ESfile explorer. you can do file management straight from you phone.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Have a slider at the bottom of the app drawer. Having pages and pages of widgets, it's a pain in the *** swiping through so many.
    it is. use nova. i set it to make scrolling vertical (continuous)

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

id like to see native support for LED controls like the OP mentioned. I shouldn't have to do it via Light Flow... Also, notification popups on the lock screen (like touchwiz and iphone).I also think their needs to be native control for itunes syncing (wireless too). Multi window support like windows phone is doing would be cool. The stock music app needs to be improved too. Enable voice commands on it like you can with the GS3. Battery life needs more optimization. Expand the versatility of Google Now to make it more integrated with apps. I can't think of anything else...
    Michael Morris2 likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

After switching back to the stock launcher for a little bit, I feel it needs a lot of work.
    1. Horizontal page scrolling as before mentioned is a pain in the a$$. One of the reasons why I dislike iOS. Needs to have options to change it to continuous scrolling (horizontal or vertical).
    2. Long pressing on the home screen needs to give more options instead of just letting you change the wallpaper. Idk why they changed this from gingerbread.
    3. Needs gesture support (combination of touchwiz and/or third party launchers features would be nice).
    4. Need to be able to uninstall apps directly by long pressing it on the home screen.
    5. stock keyboard needs improvement with swiping
    6. Needs to be an option to change the wallpaper of the app drawer and lock screen.
    7. lock screen needs improvement (should allow you to place favorite apps on that giant circle so you can get to them quicker.

These with the other things I mentioned would be a solid update...

Last edited by bobjohnson201; 01-05-2013 at 08:40 PM.

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

The iMessage competitor really appeals to me.
    Definitely what I want.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

more miracast settings to send just music/video or pictures to TV.

Android Beam improvements to send all files.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    more miracast settings to send just music/video or pictures to TV.

Android Beam improvements to send all files.
    What is android beam?

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    What is android beam?

Some crappy NFC transfer that's failed the handful of times I attempted it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

What is android beam?

"With Android Beam on Jelly Bean you can now easily share your photos and videos with just a simple tap, in addition to sharing contacts, web pages, YouTube videos, directions, and apps. Just touch two NFC-enabled Android devices back-to-back, then tap to beam whatever's on the screen to your friend."

Thanked by:

6. Needs to be an option to change the wallpaper of the app drawer and lock screen.

The wallpaper of the lock screen CAN be changed

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted
    donec likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    "With Android Beam on Jelly Bean you can now easily share your photos and videos with just a simple tap, in addition to sharing contacts, web pages, YouTube videos, directions, and apps. Just touch two NFC-enabled Android devices back-to-back, then tap to beam whatever's on the screen to your friend."

Cool... Does it work with the case on?

Reminders.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Cool... Does it work with the case on?

Android beam is done via NFC but files transferred via bluetooth. so thick case might not work!! a thin case might work
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Some crappy NFC transfer that's failed the handful of times I attempted it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    what failed for you? there is a misconception with how android beam works.

developer has to implement Android beam feature to their app to transfer content of an app to other device or it will just open the app on the other device.

-I would like to have proper toggles in the notification pull down menu

-I would like to control the vibration in ONE place so i dont need to enter ALL apps and turn it of (But the possibility to turn on/off vibration in every app and the main vibration control in settings would turn on and off all vibration)

-I would like to be able to control the volume of the ringtone and notification separately (Now my phone rings freaking loud but my notification is very low)

-I would like to have the opportunity to make different sound profiles

-Possibility to make a "backup" in play store for what apps to be installed after factory reset (the most important apps) (Yes, titanium backup and other exist, but would like to have a stock built in function)

-LED control built in the OS (With different colors)

-As SHADMOS said: "Swiping notification marks email as read."

-Better battery
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast