Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Default Re: Android KitKat® Wish list!

I think multi-window as standard for 10+ inch devices would be a game changer. Time for Android to take over the Desktop space also. So long, MSFT.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forum Fiend v1.0 Beta.
    ynomrah and tr-1 like this.

I would certainly like to see the following:

1) New holo ui: a very basic white theme with red fonts
    2) New animations in places: When changing from 1 setting to anotehr (ex. when you go to settings then the animation can be between settings and display)
    3) Some changes to the launcher, it is very limited.
    4) The camera software should be optimised more, pics taken with it aren't the best however I love the interface on it
    5) The camera has to have more features, more scene modes etc.
    6) Some more killer-apps. I am not talking about bloat, samsung will do that for you - they like to make bad software. Google on the other hand makes incredibly innovative applicationns that you will actually use.
    7) Lockscreen - custom patterns will open something different. (I saw the patent )
    8) Android was built for multitasking - maybe have some sort of option to "float apps" or something similar to Samsung's multiwindow

Can't think of much else that I really want

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

few things i would like to see added:

Native multi window,
    HOLO widget guidelines,
    shaytoon21 likes this.

Font changing ability without root.. Themes like in Nokia and other phones

Quote Originally Posted by Dushyant Kumar View Post
    Font changing ability without root.. Themes like in Nokia and other phones
    This would be great, but with the rise of Roboto and recent changes to it, I don't think Google will so easily open up to officially supporting other fonts.

Quote Originally Posted by ynomrah View Post
    few things i would like to see added:

Native multi window,
    HOLO widget guidelines,
    The widget guidelines have been improved, but you're right that they need to be better. Too many differences between widgets. I know I'd use more if they all had a more unified look/feel.
    ynomrah likes this.

Lots of good ideas here.

My thoughts:

1. Fix the lockscreen widgets, especially the default clock DOES NOT NEED TO BE A WIDGET. It is way too confusing when you accidentally hide the unlock icon by expanding this widget.
    2. Fix the stock launcher - mainly the margins for icons should be much closer to the edges of the screen (like you can do in Nova launcher) and the google search bar should be a removable widget. Having it stuck up there is probably the number one reason people use a custom launcher post-ICS.
    3. Transparent navigation bar for the home screen would look nice (a la Moto X)
    4. there needs to be a dismiss all option or gesture for multitasking. Having to individually swipe away all apps is tedious.
    5. make the quick settings customizable and add more options. I still use a third party app in addition to the quick settings so that I can access all the settings I want (tethering, rotation lock, gps etc.) on my phone. Should be able to use just the default quick settings.
    6. Move as many important UI buttons in apps to the BOTTOM of screens as possible. Last time I checked phones were only getting bigger. Why is the menu icon for chrome, google play music etc. at the top of the display?!
    7. The stock messaging app needs to allow you to see more than 3 lines of a text at once as you are composing it. Really frustrating.
    8. Somehow make the widget folder easier to navigate. Mine is a complete mess right now. Takes minutes to find the widget I'm looking for. Maybe have all widgets for a single app grouped in a folder?
    9. Project Butter Part 2. All awesome project butter goodness is completely gone now for both my Gnex and Nexus 7 (2012) - yes I know I need to upgrade.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM

I like some of the ideas listed. I like the idea of a "Do Not Disturb" for all notifications save for those starred in Contacts. Do I really need to know at 3 in the morning that I can lock in my TaxAct price for next year? Or the T-Mobile text telling me my bill is now available?

This would be a nice feature, and a good aside to what I really hope to see: a unified messaging system. I want all my Google communications (Voice, messaging, hangouts, Google+, etc) as well as phone calls all in one location. While they're at it, add MMS support to Voice! Other options like optimizing widgets, new/customizable color schemes, active notifications, and lockscreen options would be sweet, too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Bryan
    Curve 8530 > OG Droid > DInc 2 > OG Storm > Droid Pro > Droid 3 > Droid RAZR > Galaxy SII > Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 42 View Post
    How about give us the ability to move all of the bloatware onto the SD.
    Since Google no longer supports SD cards you can count this one out. They should rather give us the ability to uninstall bloatware.
    ~moo~
    neonworm likes this.

Just moved over from BlackBerry and miss the following:

Notification badges
    Scale-able fonts
    Zee

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

I'd like them to fix the bugs that were introduced starting with 4.2.2 like not being able to connect to LEAP WiFi. There's also a bluetooth bug where it won't play any audio from podcasts unless you play the Google Music player app first (i.e. you need to listen to music at the same time as listening to a podcast)
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

I would like the ability to unlock my phone directly into the app drawer

Posted via Android Central App

You may think it's dumb. I (and many others apparently) think it's genius,

Quote Originally Posted by joeynumbers View Post
    I would like the ability to unlock my phone directly into the app drawer

Be, nice to swipe or tap to bring phone out of standby mode.

How about give us the ability to move all of the bloatware onto the SD card.
    And the ability to ignore certain apps in the update available notifications.
    I don't use a lot of the apps I am stuck with (thanks to AT&T and Google).
    I would like to be able to choose "Update All" and have it ignore the apps I choose to ignore.
    Or, put check boxes next to the apps in the update list (Google Play > My Apps) so I can
    select all the ones I want to update and say "Go"
    I like a few of these. I make it a habit to check the app reviews before updating, and sometimes you see a lot comments similar to "app was working fine but update broke it!!!", so when I see that, I generally don't update until the dev has released a newer version...but then I'm stuck not being able to use the "update all" button, so the ability to exclude an app from updates would be nice. (I do doubt, however, that this would ever happen, for reasons that should be obvious). The check box thing might be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by moo53 View Post
    Since Google no longer supports SD cards you can count this one out. They should rather give us the ability to uninstall bloatware.
    Even if Nexus device did support SD cards, I doubt they'd ever support this. I agree about being able to uninstall unwanted factory-installed apps, but I have a feeling that until someone tells them that they *have to*, there's no way they'll do it.
    Thanked by:
    Mark 42 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by matron View Post
    Be, nice to swipe or tap to bring phone out of standby mode.
    Just today I was thinking if I could tap a morse code sequence to unlock the screen, it would really
    confound anyone who stole my phone - until everyone knows the existence of the feature, at least.

I'd love a setting to return the phone to the homescreen after finishing a call rather than to the call log and more optimization of the stock LWP's.
    I'd also like more customization to the lockscreen (specifically the ability to remove the camera if I so choose).

How about give us the ability to move all of the bloatware onto the SD card.
    And the ability to ignore certain apps in the update available notifications.
    I don't use a lot of the apps I am stuck with (thanks to AT&T and Google).
    I would like to be able to choose "Update All" and have it ignore the apps I choose to ignore.
    Or, put check boxes next to the apps in the update list (Google Play > My Apps) so I can
    select all the ones I want to update and say "Go"
    I'll second that request. I hate having to ignore the Update All button because I want to keep Google Talk and not upgrade to Hangouts.

Just today I was thinking if I could tap a morse code sequence to unlock the screen, it would really
    confound anyone who stole my phone - until everyone knows the existence of the feature, at least.
    That would actually be cool. I can see how tapping a sequence of some kind on your screen would be an awesome way to unlock. Not sure how secure it would be though.

Posted from the incredible new Nexus 7
    Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!

Quote Originally Posted by chadthebuilder View Post
    That would actually be cool. I can see how tapping a sequence of some kind on your screen would be an awesome way to unlock. Not sure how secure it would be though.
    Once could argue it would be more secure than a pattern unlock, at least if you're working under the premise that it's compromised primary due to the smudge patterns left on the screen. One could also make the point that it's more secure because it would be less straightforward to watch and copy, but that's more debatable. It's a good idea that I wouldn't mind trying out, but it'd have to be implemented very well to work when the phone isn't stationary (in other words, when it's in your hands).

I would really like to have the ability to turn off autorotate and the just spin the screen with two fingers
    (like twisting a big screw or rotating a piece of paper with two fingers) when I want to rotate it.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Any news on kitkat specs? Official?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I'd like to be able to put icons with titles at the bottom of the screen so that instead of 7 little dots,
    I could actually see what each home page is all about (e.g. I have one with folders, one for news & weather,
    one for frequently used apps, one for utilities and system info)
    The one home screen with folders does do this, but why not improve upon the existing UI?

- - - Updated - - -

And an EXIT button, One button which quits whatever app I am in.

All I know is that this Kit Kat better come with a microSD card and a removable battery or its a deal breaker
    I customized my signature using Motomaker

Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    All I know is that this Kit Kat better come with a microSD card and a removable battery or its a deal breaker
    I agree. If it doesn't, I'm converting to IOS 9. Apple is the most innovative company anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast