Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree53Likes

Default Re: Android KitKat® Wish list!

Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    All I know is that this Kit Kat better come with a microSD card and a removable battery or its a deal breaker
    Quote Originally Posted by mcelmeel17 View Post
    I agree. If it doesn't, I'm converting to IOS 9. Apple is the most innovative company anyway.

Posted via Android Central App
    Kit Kat is an operating system... Not a phone. And I find it funny that you'll move from android if a phone doesn't have Expandable memory and a removable battery, to apple which has never had either. I'm thinking you may be kidding because you said iOS 9.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

How about changing the way skins are handled so that, if someone doesn't like the one that comes with their phone (Touchwiz, for example), it can be turned off in settings.

Also forbid manufacturers and carriers from including apps that can't be uninstalled. They can load the device up with whatever they like, but these must be apps that are installed and uninstalled exactly as other apps are. No more baking random crap into the OS.

Berry_Pink and troshs like this.

Ok. For one, on the Google Nexus 4 I would like to be able to customize my notifications and how they approach me. For example. When I get a text I would like to be able to change whether I want it "banner style", "pop-up style" "sound only" or "no notification". The only option we get now is "banner". I would also like for it to light up the screen when I get a text. The holo-blue icon color in the status bar should be able to be changed too. They should add fonts to the Nexus 4 aswell. I want my android to be fully customizeable. It has the latest hardware in it to run all the add-ons VERY smothly, and enough RAM to accommodate it. Also, the pull down screen that has the "quick settings" should be "quick settings" and not "shortcuts". I would also like to be able to add and move them around.
    Berry_Pink likes this.

also, for crying out loud...such a good phone is ruined by ****ty battery life. I recently switched from ios to android. I'm 30x happier, but there needs to be an update to fix the nexus 4's battery life. I'm ALWAYS plugging this thing in. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lujan View Post
    also, for crying out loud...such a good phone is ruined by ****ty battery life. I recently switched from ios to android. I'm 30x happier, but there needs to be an update to fix the nexus 4's battery life. I'm ALWAYS plugging this thing in. smh
    How much do you use it? This phone always gets me through the day... Unless I game too hard on it

The ability to customize the toggles, add, delete, re-arrange etc. And the same for the status bar. Remove / re-position the clock etc. In other words the basic stuff found in most Custom ROMS.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

I would really love a

1. Themable Notification Shade
    -just give us more design options.. change the color theme, background, font
    2. Stock Launcher Options
    Make the stock launcher a little bit more customizable - resize icons like giganticon does - change the theme color away from the cyan blue - maybe more like Nova - have options to save different layouts
    3. Better Messaging App
    I don't know why, but when you receive multiple text message photos, it shows them as a slide show... but GoSMS does this fine.. integrate Google Hangouts

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

Quote Originally Posted by ALCingularUser View Post
    Also forbid manufacturers and carriers from including apps that can't be uninstalled. They can load the device up with whatever they like, but these must be apps that are installed and uninstalled exactly as other apps are. No more baking random crap into the OS.

That's kind of the beauty of Android though, is the freedom for manufacturers to do what they want with it. I used to feel the same though, but some apps that can't be deleted might be necessary for the device to run without crashing or getting weird bugs. Obviously ones like Verizon NFL Football don't matter, but I've found deleting some of my Samsung Apps caused more problems.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcelmeel17 View Post
    I agree. If it doesn't, I'm converting to IOS 9. Apple is the most innovative company anyway.

IOS 9? Android KitKat® Wish list!-216002_188229591222832_2699346_n.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    amcity32 likes this.

I've been asking this since I first jumped on the Droid X in 2010...

WHY ISN'T THERE A PRIVACY FEATURE when it comes to messages, emails, etc popping up in the notification bar??

I don't like the idea of people using my phone being able to see my text content as it arrives. I thought there'd be some way to change this in STOCK. Don't like any 3rd party message apps.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixMike View Post
    I've been asking this since I first jumped on the Droid X in 2010...

WHY ISN'T THERE A PRIVACY FEATURE when it comes to messages, emails, etc popping up in the notification bar??

I don't like the idea of people using my phone being able to see my text content as it arrives. I thought there'd be some way to change this in STOCK. Don't like any 3rd party message apps.
    3rd party apps bro... But yeah there is device administrators? /: lol

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

There are two things I would like to see in Kit Kat...pardon me if they are already there.
    When I had my Blackberry, I was able to silence all alerts except for phone calls. That way if I had an emergency phone call in the morning, I could wake up and answer it without getting woken up all night by emails and texts.
    The other thing is...put an "Add..." button under notification sounds too...not just ringtones. I have to load the sounds from zedge if I want to use them for text sounds or email noises, etc. which basically makes all of the sounds I previously had on my memory card completely useless. Correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

I agree with the options to customize color and things without the need to root the phone...I never have any intention of rooting my Android devices.
    ~~ You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.

This isn't really Kit Kat necessarily but it could come as part of the app updates with Kit Kat, but better integrating mobile calling with Google Voice so I would not need to use Grooveip and could rely on a native solution. Maybe the impending merger with hangouts for mms support too.

I think they should update some of the theme assets, things like settings look a little dated now and icons should match the flatter Google Now style.

More customizable launcher would be nice for my tablets but I would probably stick with Aviate for my phone anyway

The BIGGEST and MOST IMPORTANT thing though.....please arrive on my S4 GPE in a timely manner (within a month) like the 4.3 update.

Quote Originally Posted by jaboop View Post
    3rd party apps bro... But yeah there is device administrators? /: lol

I was talking about STOCK. Don't want 3rd party apps. I clearly stated this....
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

Well sometimes third party apps are the only way, and there's no way that something's will ever become stock... Also there is features to not show text in lock screen

I wish that 4.4 will activate LTE on my N4 using Tm..bbbababahahahahahahahah
    The "infraction"

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itic View Post
    I wish that 4.4 will activate LTE on my N4 using Tm..bbbababahahahahahahahah
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/25/l...bluetooth-sig/

Quote Originally Posted by rtshoff View Post
    Bluetooth certification hints LTE Nexus 4 may live alongside the Nexus 5

Yeah searched google and came up with this..
    http://productforums.google.com/foru...us/MTMClHQI5yk
    The "infraction"

Hi like many others we were most put out with the removal of mass storage. We have stopped upgrading our phones and tablets because we use this feature regularly. We use android devices for work not just as toys. Please bring back mass storage.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234