Android KitKat? Wish list!

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd like them to fix the bugs that were introduced starting with 4.2.2 like not being able to connect to LEAP WiFi. There's also a bluetooth bug where it won't play any audio from podcasts unless you play the Google Music player app first (i.e. you need to listen to music at the same time as listening to a podcast)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
How about give us the ability to move all of the bloatware onto the SD card.
And the ability to ignore certain apps in the update available notifications.
I don't use a lot of the apps I am stuck with (thanks to AT&T and Google).
I would like to be able to choose "Update All" and have it ignore the apps I choose to ignore.
Or, put check boxes next to the apps in the update list (Google Play > My Apps) so I can
select all the ones I want to update and say "Go"

I like a few of these. I make it a habit to check the app reviews before updating, and sometimes you see a lot comments similar to "app was working fine but update broke it!!!", so when I see that, I generally don't update until the dev has released a newer version...but then I'm stuck not being able to use the "update all" button, so the ability to exclude an app from updates would be nice. (I do doubt, however, that this would ever happen, for reasons that should be obvious). The check box thing might be nice.

Since Google no longer supports SD cards you can count this one out. They should rather give us the ability to uninstall bloatware.

Even if Nexus device did support SD cards, I doubt they'd ever support this. I agree about being able to uninstall unwanted factory-installed apps, but I have a feeling that until someone tells them that they *have to*, there's no way they'll do it.

Mark 42

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Be, nice to swipe or tap to bring phone out of standby mode.
Just today I was thinking if I could tap a morse code sequence to unlock the screen, it would really
confound anyone who stole my phone - until everyone knows the existence of the feature, at least.

NwarDez

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd love a setting to return the phone to the homescreen after finishing a call rather than to the call log and more optimization of the stock LWP's.
I'd also like more customization to the lockscreen (specifically the ability to remove the camera if I so choose).

NwarDez

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
How about give us the ability to move all of the bloatware onto the SD card.
And the ability to ignore certain apps in the update available notifications.
I don't use a lot of the apps I am stuck with (thanks to AT&T and Google).
I would like to be able to choose "Update All" and have it ignore the apps I choose to ignore.
Or, put check boxes next to the apps in the update list (Google Play > My Apps) so I can
select all the ones I want to update and say "Go"

I'll second that request. I hate having to ignore the Update All button because I want to keep Google Talk and not upgrade to Hangouts.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Just today I was thinking if I could tap a morse code sequence to unlock the screen, it would really
confound anyone who stole my phone - until everyone knows the existence of the feature, at least.

That would actually be cool. I can see how tapping a sequence of some kind on your screen would be an awesome way to unlock. Not sure how secure it would be though.

Posted from the incredible new Nexus 7

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
That would actually be cool. I can see how tapping a sequence of some kind on your screen would be an awesome way to unlock. Not sure how secure it would be though.

Once could argue it would be more secure than a pattern unlock, at least if you're working under the premise that it's compromised primary due to the smudge patterns left on the screen. One could also make the point that it's more secure because it would be less straightforward to watch and copy, but that's more debatable. It's a good idea that I wouldn't mind trying out, but it'd have to be implemented very well to work when the phone isn't stationary (in other words, when it's in your hands).

Mark 42

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I would really like to have the ability to turn off autorotate and the just spin the screen with two fingers
(like twisting a big screw or rotating a piece of paper with two fingers) when I want to rotate it.

Mark 42

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to be able to put icons with titles at the bottom of the screen so that instead of 7 little dots,
I could actually see what each home page is all about (e.g. I have one with folders, one for news & weather,
one for frequently used apps, one for utilities and system info)
The one home screen with folders does do this, but why not improve upon the existing UI?

- - - Updated - - -

And an EXIT button, One button which quits whatever app I am in.

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
All I know is that this Kit Kat better come with a microSD card and a removable battery or its a deal breaker

I agree. If it doesn't, I'm converting to IOS 9. Apple is the most innovative company anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

Kit Kat is an operating system... Not a phone. And I find it funny that you'll move from android if a phone doesn't have Expandable memory and a removable battery, to apple which has never had either. I'm thinking you may be kidding because you said iOS 9.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
How about changing the way skins are handled so that, if someone doesn't like the one that comes with their phone (Touchwiz, for example), it can be turned off in settings.

Also forbid manufacturers and carriers from including apps that can't be uninstalled. They can load the device up with whatever they like, but these must be apps that are installed and uninstalled exactly as other apps are. No more baking random crap into the OS.

Posted via Android Central App

Cody Lujan

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok. For one, on the Google Nexus 4 I would like to be able to customize my notifications and how they approach me. For example. When I get a text I would like to be able to change whether I want it "banner style", "pop-up style" "sound only" or "no notification". The only option we get now is "banner". I would also like for it to light up the screen when I get a text. The holo-blue icon color in the status bar should be able to be changed too. They should add fonts to the Nexus 4 aswell. I want my android to be fully customizeable. It has the latest hardware in it to run all the add-ons VERY smothly, and enough RAM to accommodate it. Also, the pull down screen that has the "quick settings" should be "quick settings" and not "shortcuts". I would also like to be able to add and move them around.

Cody Lujan

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
also, for crying out loud...such a good phone is ruined by ****ty battery life. I recently switched from ios to android. I'm 30x happier, but there needs to be an update to fix the nexus 4's battery life. I'm ALWAYS plugging this thing in. smh

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
also, for crying out loud...such a good phone is ruined by ****ty battery life. I recently switched from ios to android. I'm 30x happier, but there needs to be an update to fix the nexus 4's battery life. I'm ALWAYS plugging this thing in. smh

How much do you use it? This phone always gets me through the day... Unless I game too hard on it :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power