Will my device receive the update to Android 4.4?

Vincent Kiddo

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Devices That will be getting 4.4 (KitKat)(Samsung Devices)
==========================================
here:Samsung this morning announced which of its devices are planned to receive an update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The list doesn't appear to contain any real surprises, but it's good to have some confirmation.

Here's how it breaks down for devices in the U.S.:

Galaxy Note 3
Galaxy Note II
Galaxy S4
Galaxy S4 mini
Galaxy S4 Active
Galaxy S4 zoom
Galaxy S III
Galaxy S III mini
Galaxy Mega
Galaxy Light
Galaxy Note 8.0
Galaxy Tab 3
Galaxy Note 10.1
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Updates begin today, Samsung says ? it didn't mention on which devices ? so stay tuned.

Samsung Confirms KitKat for U.S. Smartphones and Tablets

DALLAS, February 18, 2014 ? Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced today that a number of Samsung Galaxy? devices will receive the Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) software update, enriching the Galaxy experience.

The upgrade provides a number of innovative, easy-to-use features that enhance the user experience, including a more intuitive user interface, enhanced messaging capabilities and updated applications:

Location Menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities.
Enhanced Messaging: Enables users to choose between Messages or Hangouts as their preferred default messaging application, and select from a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons.
Upgraded Google Mobile Service? (GMS) apps: Users can automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files.
Samsung Galaxy U.S. devices currently scheduled to receive the KitKat update include select carrier variants of the Galaxy Note? 3, Galaxy Note? II, Galaxy S? 4, Galaxy S? 4 mini?, Galaxy S? 4 Active?, Galaxy S? 4 zoom?, Galaxy S? III, Galaxy S? III mini?, Galaxy Mega?, Galaxy Light, Galaxy Note? 8.0, Galaxy Tab? 3, Galaxy Note? 10.1, Galaxy Note? 10.1 2014 Edition.

Availability varies by carrier and product, with updates beginning today and continuing throughout the coming months.

bradley129

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
==========================================
here:Samsung this morning announced which of its devices are planned to receive an update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The list doesn't appear to contain any real surprises, but it's good to have some confirmation.

Galaxy Note 3
Galaxy Note II
Galaxy S4
Galaxy S4 mini
Galaxy S4 Active
Galaxy S4 zoom
Galaxy S III
Galaxy S III mini
Galaxy Mega
Galaxy Light
Galaxy Note 8.0
Galaxy Tab 3
Galaxy Note 10.1
Updates begin today, Samsung says ? it didn't mention on which devices ? so stay tuned.

Samsung Confirms KitKat for U.S. Smartphones and Tablets

DALLAS, February 18, 2014 ? Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced today that a number of Samsung Galaxy? devices will receive the Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) software update, enriching the Galaxy experience.

The upgrade provides a number of innovative, easy-to-use features that enhance the user experience, including a more intuitive user interface, enhanced messaging capabilities and updated applications:

Location Menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities.
Enhanced Messaging: Enables users to choose between Messages or Hangouts as their preferred default messaging application, and select from a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons.
Upgraded Google Mobile Service? (GMS) apps: Users can automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files.
Samsung Galaxy U.S. devices currently scheduled to receive the KitKat update include select carrier variants of the Galaxy Note? 3, Galaxy Note? II, Galaxy S? 4, Galaxy S? 4 mini?, Galaxy S? 4 Active?, Galaxy S? 4 zoom?, Galaxy S? III, Galaxy S? III mini?, Galaxy Mega?, Galaxy Light, Galaxy Note? 8.0, Galaxy Tab? 3, Galaxy Note? 10.1, Galaxy Note? 10.1 2014 Edition.

Availability varies by carrier and product, with updates beginning today and continuing throughout the coming months.

Can you provide a source link please?

Sent From My Liquid Smooth D2

disneymagik

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the KitKat update on my AT&T Note 3 yesterday morning. So far I've noticed a couple quirks but nothing major. It does seem to be more fluid, smoother, and virtually zero lag. Now if only I knew when AT&T has scheduled the KitKat roll out to the GS4 Active's so I won't have to listen to my husband & son whine about how unfair it is that I got it and they haven't.

Sent from my FABULOUS Note 3!

Daniel Song1

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Galaxy Note 3
Galaxy Note II
Galaxy S4
Galaxy S4 mini
Galaxy S4 Active
Galaxy S4 zoom
Galaxy S III
Galaxy S III mini
Galaxy Mega
Galaxy Light
Galaxy Note 8.0
Galaxy Tab 3
Galaxy Note 10.1

Does this mean each variant of device will get it? for instance, the GT-I9300, SGH-i747(m), etc? Sorry if this sounds dumb

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I check every day on here hoping to see that our Active update may have finally dropped....it's been a couple of months now since my S4 got the update. Are they having trouble getting it stable for the Active again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ankit Nawlakha

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys..!!
M a newbie here..!
Actually i searched a bit for the availability of KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 but i couldn't find it..!
Can you guys help me with the availability of the update??

Please don't be cruel to me if this question is already been asked many times somewhere else.!

Thnx!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs