When is Kitkat coming out?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Current rumors are pointing towards October 14th for a Nexus 5(name) announcement with Kit Kat at the same time.

blindcozy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait. Rumors says that KitKat is capable to run on mid-end devices like Samsung Galaxy Mini.

Posted via Android Central App

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
When can Nexus 4 users expect the kit-kat update given it comes out on the 15th of this month?

It will most likely be available to everyone with Nexus devices within several days of release. Probably no more than a week later.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It will most likely be available to everyone with Nexus devices within several days of release. Probably no more than a week later.

This is what we've seen in the past. The N7 and N4 maybe the first to get it. Everything else should follow in short order.

Edit: by everything else I mean the GPE devices.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
What's the big deal? Is there even going to be anything new with 4.4?

Sent from my HTC One

There will be a good amount of new stuff. Check out some of the other threads in this forum that list out some of the changes seen in leaks over the past several weeks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What's the big deal? Is there even going to be anything new with 4.4?

Sent from my HTC One
At this point, every Android OS update is a big deal. The updates now a-days are not like before when going from 2.2 to 2.3 provided visual and under the hood refreshes. Updates now are less visual, though refinements are there, but more focused on the OS and making sure the user experience is a good one. I'm liking what we're "seeing" with recent leaks about the next Nexus and 4.4.