Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tr-1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted JellyBean

Talking about that image floating around about the supposed dialer and messages app.....

im sure alot of you have seen the image that im talking about.....and some people are saying it could just be a theme.....well my chrome browser updated tonight.....and i go to click on the notifications button and i see the same image thats in the messages app.....i just thought it was ironic......

(the image floating around the net)
    about that image floating around about the supposed dialer and messages app.....-kit-kat1.jpg

(my screen cap of the notifications button on google chrome)
    about that image floating around about the supposed dialer and messages app.....-capture.png

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: about that image floating around about the supposed dialer and messages app.....

Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    im sure alot of you have seen the image that im talking about.....and some people are saying it could just be a theme.....well my chrome browser updated tonight.....and i go to click on the notifications button and i see the same image thats in the messages app.....i just thought it was ironic......
    The more I look at them (besides the notification bar) the more I probably wouldn't mind them being a theme. Haha.
    Yep. Thats Mr. Jingles was it? He's the mascot for Google+ Notifications, so what your seeing is real. The image, have I think pretty much been confirmed fake, atleast until the announcement. Some of the reasoning is Mr. Jingles dosen't belong in the messaging app.

(the image floating around the net)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kit-kat1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	83120

(my screen cap of the notifications button on google chrome)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	284 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	83121
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted JellyBean

Default Re: about that image floating around about the supposed dialer and messages app.....

yea i was thinking that too.....like what is a bell doing in the messaging app.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    yea i was thinking that too.....like what is a bell doing in the messaging app.....lol
    its not ironic. Google+ first had this tinker bell for few months now.
    someone might have faked the new screenshot by copying from G+ to make people believe its legit

These Probably Aren't Photos Of Android 4.4 KitKat – Here's Why
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

What about the thing about Google Voice and hangouts merging? I predict that Hangouts and Messaging are planning a merge. In a way Just like iMessage. I also am predicting that you can either use your carrier number or a Google Number. Didn't Google say the Hangouts service is designed to be the future of Messaging?

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Hangouts and Messaging I can see, that makes sense. In fact it's overdue. I don't see Google Voice being mandatory though.

The bell is Google's new "you have no notifications mascot". That's why it would be in a messaging app.

looks quite cool - but we'll have to wait and see the real thing when ever it is out.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by RealistJavstah View Post
    looks quite cool - but we'll have to wait and see the real thing when ever it is out.
    Hopefully that's soon!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by signothetimez View Post
    Hangouts and Messaging I can see, that makes sense. In fact it's overdue. I don't see Google Voice being mandatory though.
    Yes, Google has been working on expanding their Google+ and Hangouts system. I don't see Google voice being mandatory either, I see it as "hey, we can give you a second number other than your carrier number". But I don't think carriers will like like that, not sure.

To contradict myself, on the leaked image of the launcher, it shows messages and hangouts as separate icons. Either Google wasn't quite finished on this or all this is bringing us is just more universal icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Pritchett View Post
    Yes, Google has been working on expanding their Google+ and Hangouts system. I don't see Google voice being mandatory either, I see it as "hey, we can give you a second number other than your carrier number". But I don't think carriers will like like that, not sure.

To contradict myself, on the leaked image of the launcher, it shows messages and hangouts as separate icons. Either Google wasn't quite finished on this or all this is bringing us is just more universal icons.

G Voice doesn't have to be mandatory but I don't see how it would be very hard to integrate into Hangouts. I mean, you just add a GV number in settings and "intercept" messages/voicemail going to this service.

I hope they do it because I'm getting tired of using all 3 on my phone (SMS, GV, Hangouts)
    Thanked by:
    JonK likes this.

As much as I hate to contribute to the rumor mill, the whole Hangouts-Google-Voice thing is something I can't stay away from. One of the Android Police guys has been posting 'inside rumor' type of stuff on Google+ to feed the hunger for such info, so take it with the requisite grain of salt. One can only hope:

Rumor #3. This is something a lot of people have been waiting for. The version of Hangouts that's being tested with KitKat takes over the Messaging app and handles SMS. In fact, the Messaging app is gone and is fully replaced by Hangouts, at least on the Nexus device that was being tested. It should be able to handle MMS as well.

Additionally, Hangouts will now let you send videos instead of just images.