Will "Okay Google" come to N4 with android 4.4?

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Today, i tried the method to get a working debug build of 4.4 to work on my Nexus 4 and successfully enabled the "Okay Google" feature. It worked great, but i'm wondering if the official build by OTA will bring this feature or will they disable this really cool feature?

Thanks.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Today, i tried the method to get a working debug build of 4.4 to work on my Nexus 4 and successfully enabled the "Okay Google" feature. It worked great, but i'm wondering if the official build by OTA will bring this feature or will they disable this really cool feature?

Thanks.

It seems to be built into the google experience launcher, which is kinda sorta built into search... which is being reported now as being possibly different on the Nexus 5 than on anything else. In short, we don't know yet, but chances are looking poor that it's identical to the N5 version. Either way, you should be able to install a version of the apk you have now (hopefully better) once you're officially on 4 to replicate.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Thanks.

I believe it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa