Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By gone down south
  • 1 Post By mchockeyvette27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Percentage on Status Bar?

Is there any way to get the percentage on the top bar? Seems silly that I cant find the setting and have to dig into settings to see the remaining %.

Default Re: Battery Percentage on Status Bar?

I don't believe that is an option for any stock OS (at least AOSP), you might find it in a custom ROM like CyanogenMod and such. I just looked on my Nexus 7 and couldn't find it as an option, unless this feature was just added in Kit Kat.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's been available on every stock OS Android phone I've ever owned, including Droid X, S3 and S4. It was not initially available on the One but was added in a subsequent update.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

I've never seen this option. That's why I like the battery extension on my Dash Clock widget

Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    I've never seen this option. That's why I like the battery extension on my Dash Clock widget
    I do not think Dash Clock widget is working with 4.4 currently.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

really?

Battery Percentage on Status Bar?-screenshot_2013-11-06-16-14-37.jpg
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    really?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-06-16-14-37.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	90478
    I stand corrected. I thought I read that somewhere earlier.

Battery widget reborn

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    It's been available on every stock OS Android phone I've ever owned, including Droid X, S3 and S4. It was not initially available on the One but was added in a subsequent update.
    You just named four phones that DON'T come with stock Android.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:

Check out Power Toggles app. Perfect IMO.

Posted via Android Central App on my white Nexus 4 with StraightTalk

Widgetsoid puts percentage on the left hand side of notification bar.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    You just named four phones that DON'T come with stock Android.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    I reread my OP and realize I didn't artfully convey what I meant. I should have said it came on those devices without the need for a 3rd party app. In other words the feature was baked into the stock OS on those devices.

I reread my OP and realize I didn't artfully convey what I meant. I should have said it came on those devices without the need for a 3rd party app. In other words the feature was baked into the stock OS on those devices.
    In vanilla android, no skin, there is no first party option for that. That said, I really dislike that. It's such a small detail that is actually useful and they keep overlooking it in every new release.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Jonneh 
    Jonneh likes this.

Another fantastic option (free) is "Elixir 2". Amazing, quick, and efficient app. Customize the look, size, and colors of anything you want to put there, battery percent included. I have mine in the status bar with a nice light green color that goes nicely with my black background and the white stock icons on the right for wifi, mobile network, and time.

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

a 2 finger swipe down on your shade gives you your quick settings with percentage listed there.......not optimal but a real quick way of seeing the percentage

I don't think you're understanding what is being meant by "stock os" here. In general, "stock" means plain old Android, without any of the added on UI features that come with phones from other manufacturers like Samsung and HTC. The S3 and S4 are Samsung phones and use Samsung's TouchWiz interface on top of Android, making it not stock. The same goes for all HTC phones. In fact, most Android phones you find will have some non-stock UI features built into them by the manuafaturer.

In this case, the battery percentage in the status bar is a feature added in by manufacturers in their UI's and is not part of stock Android.

Use Cool Tool. You can pick the spot, the font, the color. If all you want is the battery percentage just only check that. Keep the graph, gauge and background transparency on full in the sliders field and in the main, adjust your spot. Hit enable up on top and your battery percentage is good to go.

No one answered the question!

On Samsungs with 4.4.2, 4.3 and 4.1.2 (GS2) it's in Display.
    I had to find it again when I downloaded GSam battery monitor and currently prefer their readout.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.

I use Power Toggles. It is great as it not only shows the battery info but it lets me customize any app or settings with widgets on my home screen or on the notification screen.
    Thanked by:

Battery Monitor is what I use. It shows the number in the top left of the screen in the status bar. You have a few options to edit the appearance, as far as white or cyan text color, having the percentage sign visible, etc. It's the first app I set up when I get a new device, it's incredibly useful.

I was just about to give you an answer on this because it seems everyone else is clueless to the fact that battery percentage has been on the stock OS for a long time now.
    Then I saw you found it yourself...
    Most of the people that gave you an answer saying it wasnt possible are pretty much saying "That isn't possible, even though I haven't fully explored the phones settings to confirm what I said"

It's sad how people just throw out answers when they know for a fact they havent actually checked for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDynamicz View Post
    I was just about to give you an answer on this because it seems everyone else is clueless to the fact that battery percentage has been on the stock OS for a long time now.
    Then I saw you found it yourself...
    Most of the people that gave you an answer saying it wasnt possible are pretty much saying "That isn't possible, even though I haven't fully explored the phones settings to confirm what I said"

It's sad how people just throw out answers when they know for a fact they havent actually checked for themselves.
    You may be mixing my name with the OP's. I agree with you though about the thread.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.