Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kamin
  • 1 Post By someguy01234
  • 1 Post By Gekko
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Icons in menu and homescreen 4.4 are just waayy too big! How to shrink them!?

Am I the only one bothered with the increase of size of the new icons in android 4.4? Ime not that old yet, and it really makes that new screen look smaller then the screen on the nexus 4....
    Any help would be appreciated!

Default Re: Icons in menu and homescreen 4.4 are just waayy too big! How to shrink them!?

I like that they are bigger. Looks really good. I don't think that you can shrink them. You can get using a different launcher and see if you can adjust them that way.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Default Re: Icons in menu and homescreen 4.4 are just waayy too big! How to shrink them!?

Change your launcher . Thats your only choice

If you're rooted you can edit the build.prop and change the dpi

Posted via Nexus 5
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

thanks for the answers people! Rooting it is!

I don't like it either. Maybe the increase in size is because it was meant for the Nexus 5's 1080 resolution.

I don't care for the gratuitously larger icons either. They are too similar in that respect to touchwiz and ifoney icons for my taste. And seems I have to swipe through more screens in my app drawer now. But I'll adapt to them at some point.
    Jonneh likes this.

It seems that KitKat has increased them to about 120%. Nova Launcher by default sets them at 100% (Jelly Bean) which is what I prefer.

I like big colorful icons.

But Nova Launcher have transparencies now and the icons are smaller, if you buy it's Prime version you can adjust the icons size.

If you have root and a Nexus 4 you can change the build.prop DPI to 316, which will give 5x4 rows of icons in the drawer (for Google launcher), it makes no difference to anything else.
    Last edited by someguy01234; 12-11-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    I like big colorful icons.

But Nova Launcher have transparencies now and the icons are smaller, if you buy it's Prime version you can adjust the icons size.

If you have root and a Nexus 4 you can change the build.prop DPI to 316, which will give 5x4 rows of icons in the drawer, it makes no difference to anything else.
    your avatar is very disturbing. please consider changing.

I can't change the way I am.
    andrewinuk likes this.

I like your avatar, someguy. Burning money is much more disturbing than some sad-looking Asian guy with boobs.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoraMelua View Post
    I like your avatar, someguy. Burning money is much more disturbing than some sad-looking Asian guy with boobs.

Posted via Android Central App
    😂

Posted from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 via the Android Central App

the big icons are cartoonish. i use Nova Launcher and set them to 100%.
    ChromeJob likes this.

Nova Launcher (Prime) gives you way more control. You can scale the icons. You can select small or large icons on folders. Make some of the persistent home screen elements go away. And ... Nova adds a shadow on the wallpaper behind the softkeys and notification bar, resulting in better visibility on light backgrounds.

I'm running Nova Launcher Beta and can tell you it's a breath of fresh air.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.