Notification curtain question.

Stephen Jesser

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm relatively new to Android. Is it called the notification curtain or veil?

I'm currently using a Nexus 5 obviously running 4.4 KitKat.

Anyway....I could have sworn that I saw somebody actually replying to an email (maybe it was a text) from within the notification curtain. Was this just wishful thinking or does this exist? Also, is there any way to have emails in the notification curtain show individually. For instance, if I get 3 emails it will just say "3 New Messages" or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Anyway....I could have sworn that I saw somebody actually replying to an email (maybe it was a text) from within the notification curtain. Was this just wishful thinking or does this exist? Also, is there any way to have emails in the notification curtain show individually. For instance, if I get 3 emails it will just say "3 New Messages" or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

I have always heard it referred to the notification shade or drawer.
In any case, I have not heard of that feature. But that doesn't mean it cant be done.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Thanks in advance!
I'm pretty sure that exist, or a form of it. When you receive the message do a two finger pull down on the not if I can when the shade is open and their could be a reply option.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If you get two or more emails, touch and hold the notification (after the panel/veil is pulled down) and then after holding it, pull it down to unveil each specific message. Many notifications can be expanded this ways (such as screenshots)