05-09-2017 07:03 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    How come there is no voice input / microphone button on my android keyboard? I've had a look in the options screen, there's an option where you can enable / disable the voice input button on keyboard, but it's already enabled. Anyone knows how to fix it? I can press and hold the space bar and select Google voice input in the popup menu, but it's too inconvenient. I tried installing another keyboard (Hacker's keyboard), there I have the mic button.

Attachment 91039
    The microphone disappears if you use a search bar with a microphone on it. Try checking the keyboard while messaging with the phone messenger.
    12-11-2016 06:09 PM
    After you do all that posted! Go back to your keyboard and hold down the small settings round gear for a few seconds and a small window will appear with the................... mic symbol / settings symbol / copy symbol. Hit the mic symbol and it stays on. Next time you start to send a text just it the speaker symbol and start talking! Works pretty well.
    You are my hero! I am on my mom's phone trying to figure out how to have the mic symbol always on the default keyboard screen. Mine's like that. I've been through so many settings and have Googled so many topics that I was about to just give up. I can't believe it was as simple as just tapping the mic and leaving it. I just kept going to the options and attempting to figure it out from there. Thank you so much!
    12-14-2016 09:37 PM
    You should be able to go to Settings then language. Under keyboard type, select other keyboards and in that list their may be an option to turn on Google voice typing.
    01-19-2017 06:51 PM
    It is 3 years later, but Sean L.'s solution worked for me. THANK YOU!
    I have an LG VS450PP with Verizon, Android version 4.4.2 for anyone out there who can use this information.
    01-30-2017 12:52 PM
    How come there is no voice input / microphone button on my android keyboard? I've had a look in the options screen, there's an option where you can enable / disable the voice input button on keyboard, but it's already enabled. Anyone knows how to fix it? I can press and hold the space bar and select Google voice input in the popup menu, but it's too inconvenient. I tried installing another keyboard (Hacker's keyboard), there I have the mic button.

Attachment 91039
    My voice key started working again after I enabled the Google app. I had disabled it and that caused it to fail.
    02-21-2017 07:30 PM
    My voice key started working again after I enabled the Google app. I had disabled it and that caused it to fail.
    Can't believe this. Freeze, disable or uninstall the Google app and voice typing vanishes.

Spent a lot of time trying to work around this (have voice typing without Google running), but it's utterly futile:

no Google = no voice typing

Not happy with ANY forced software, but thanks for the tip.
    05-09-2017 07:03 PM
81 ... 234