can't open ICS Calendar Invitations on 4.4 - gmail quits

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I rarely get ISC calendar invites to my gmail, but got some this morning. They show up as an invite.isc attachment.

If I click on the attachment in 4.4 (on a Nexus 5), I get an "Unfortunately, Gmail has stopped" error.

If I click on the attachment in 4.3 (on a Nexus 4), it just displays the raw content of the invite.

I've read that gmail now supposedly processes ISC invites. What should be happening on 4.4?

thanks,

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I rarely get ISC calendar invites to my gmail, but got some this morning. They show up as an invite.isc attachment.

If I click on the attachment in 4.4 (on a Nexus 5), I get an "Unfortunately, Gmail has stopped" error.

If I click on the attachment in 4.3 (on a Nexus 4), it just displays the raw content of the invite.

I've read that gmail now supposedly processes ISC invites. What should be happening on 4.4?

thanks,

Still doesn't work, you need a third party app like ICS Data Bridge to process calendar invites.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
No, you should get the message "No app can open this attachment for viewing." I don't know why they haven't resolved this yet in the app. It works fine on the website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC