Two small interface related bugs in KitKat

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a Nexus 7 2013:

1) The on screen volume slider tends to get stuck. Controlling the volume via buttons still works. A reboot fixes the problem.

2) Sometimes, when closing an app, it will not appear in the list of recent apps. Pressing home followed by menu makes it appear again.

Did anyone else notice these bugs?

Posted via Android Central App

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong buy I believe that is because you need to install the google experience launcher?

Rohit Ghali

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a Nexus 7 2013:

1) The on screen volume slider tends to get stuck. Controlling the volume via buttons still works. A reboot fixes the problem.

2) Sometimes, when closing an app, it will not appear in the list of recent apps. Pressing home followed by menu makes it appear again.

Did anyone else notice these bugs?

Rohit Ghali

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Experienced the exact same volume bug on my nexus 7 1st generation long back. Now it started on my nexus 5. Crawled all over the internet searching for a fix, but found nothing. Post here if you find anything. And OK google hot word depends on your language settings. It only works by default if it's US English. You need to download other languages manually.

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Experienced the exact same volume bug on my nexus 7 1st generation long back. Now it started on my nexus 5. Crawled all over the internet searching for a fix, but found nothing. Post here if you find anything.
MX Player caused this, at least in my case. When raising the volume above a certain threshold, the volume slider gets stuck, but ONLY when using gestures to control the volume. I disabled gestures in MX Player and this bug hasn't surfaced ever since.

I still haven't found a solution to apps not immediately appearing in the recent apps screen. This is very annoying and I'm beginning to wonder if Google is even aware of this problem.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have once in a while noticed one of my running apps not appearing in the running apps menu. But it has been rare enough that it's not a problem for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have once in a while noticed one of my running apps not appearing in the running apps menu. But it has been rare enough that it's not a problem for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
I experienced it several times a day with Nova and the default launcher. I say experienced, because I have been using the new Google Home Launcher since yesterday (yesterday's update makes it work perfectly on the Nexus 7! :D) and the recent apps screen finally behaves as expected. At least for now.