Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Two small interface related bugs in KitKat

    I'm on a Nexus 7 2013:

    1) The on screen volume slider tends to get stuck. Controlling the volume via buttons still works. A reboot fixes the problem.

    2) Sometimes, when closing an app, it will not appear in the list of recent apps. Pressing home followed by menu makes it appear again.

    Did anyone else notice these bugs?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Two small interface related bugs in KitKat

    I am facing problem after KitKat upgrade. "OK Google"missing anyone else facing the same problem?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Two small interface related bugs in KitKat

    I could be wrong buy I believe that is because you need to install the google experience launcher?

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Two small interface related bugs in KitKat

    Quote Originally Posted by NoraMelua View Post
    I'm on a Nexus 7 2013:

    1) The on screen volume slider tends to get stuck. Controlling the volume via buttons still works. A reboot fixes the problem.

    2) Sometimes, when closing an app, it will not appear in the list of recent apps. Pressing home followed by menu makes it appear again.

    Did anyone else notice these bugs?

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Two small interface related bugs in KitKat

    Experienced the exact same volume bug on my nexus 7 1st generation long back. Now it started on my nexus 5. Crawled all over the internet searching for a fix, but found nothing. Post here if you find anything. And OK google hot word depends on your language settings. It only works by default if it's US English. You need to download other languages manually.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Two small interface related bugs in KitKat

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Ghali View Post
    Experienced the exact same volume bug on my nexus 7 1st generation long back. Now it started on my nexus 5. Crawled all over the internet searching for a fix, but found nothing. Post here if you find anything.
    MX Player caused this, at least in my case. When raising the volume above a certain threshold, the volume slider gets stuck, but ONLY when using gestures to control the volume. I disabled gestures in MX Player and this bug hasn't surfaced ever since.

    I still haven't found a solution to apps not immediately appearing in the recent apps screen. This is very annoying and I'm beginning to wonder if Google is even aware of this problem.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Two small interface related bugs in KitKat

    I have once in a while noticed one of my running apps not appearing in the running apps menu. But it has been rare enough that it's not a problem for me.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Two small interface related bugs in KitKat

    Quote Originally Posted by physioprof View Post
    I have once in a while noticed one of my running apps not appearing in the running apps menu. But it has been rare enough that it's not a problem for me.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    I experienced it several times a day with Nova and the default launcher. I say experienced, because I have been using the new Google Home Launcher since yesterday (yesterday's update makes it work perfectly on the Nexus 7! ) and the recent apps screen finally behaves as expected. At least for now.

Similar Threads

  1. Sd card issues in samsung galaxy s4
    By Plymte1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 06:15 PM
  2. SMS in Hangouts and Voicemail
    By ForTheGlory in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:22 PM
  3. Anyone making good use of the IR Blaster in the Tab 3?
    By Bob Dolan in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 07:35 AM
  4. Nexus 5 Bumper Case now available in Black and Gray
    By thehamesu in forum Nexus 5 Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2013, 11:11 AM
  5. Tmobile Moto X KitKat update?
    By smartphonedude in forum Moto X
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions

B