Okay Google doesn't work in UK English

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted, but after spending 30 minutes trying to work out why 'okay google' doesn't work on my Nexus 4, I found out if you change your default Google language from English UK to English US it works fine?
Hope this helps anyone wasting half an hour as I just did!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
This is well known across the internet, it only work set to English US.

However, certain apps that utilize the accessibility feature can cause it to stop working too.

Horaland H

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I did try that but no luck. I can 'OK Google' from the google now screen but not from anywhere else.

I'm changing the language in settings -> languahe & input -> Language (at the top)

Should be doing anything else. I get annoying American woman in the navigation but no 'OK Google'?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You need to go in Offline Speech Recognition in the Voice's setting and set it to English US as well, and update the package if needed.

Also this only work using the Google launcher found in the Nexus 5, not the stock Nexus 4 launcher.

sagitwang

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My HTC one GPe received update few days ago, and I am playing with voice command. My voice setting is set to English, but for some reasons, I could never set alarms, send messages, or do whatever commands that were shown in examples. All I got were google search results... I have no idea how to make it right. It worked fine before I received Kitkat update..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000