1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Problems faced after upgraded my Nexus 4 to 4.4 Kit Kat

Hi, I am new here, and I registered just to ask for anyone for help.
    I have upgraded my Nexus 4 from 4.3 to 4.4 yesterday. The upgrade process itself is smooth and without any problem. However, I have noticed some problems ( I think quite major problems) on my device now.

1) I cannot use my 2g mobile internet connection. The connection is made (got E symbol on top at the status bar) but the connection bar is in orange colour in the advance menu, indicating no internet connection and I cannot open facebook, using whatsapp etc. This is not the case when I switch the connection to 3g where the device perform normally.

2) I cannot fully charge my phone to 100%. Last night I left the phone charging overnight only to found that the battery indicating 84% in the next morning, while still on charging. The weirder part is the battery percentage is dropping even when charging! I dont know if this is caused by 3g connection turned on, though before upgraded to 4.4 this has never happened.

Hope someone will help me with this. Really appreciated.

Safwan.

Default Re: Problems faced after upgraded my Nexus 4 to 4.4 Kit Kat

1. The orange color doesn't mean you don't have internet particularly, it's mean you are not connected with Google servers.
    You should check your APN settings. re-enter the correct APN settings for your carrier if needed. This is by going to -> Settings -> More... -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names.

2. You can try draining it to near 0 (don't go into zero or you might get red light of death), then do a full charge while the phone is off. Or your N4 battery is actually leaking or damaged, I've heard many of similar reports by other N4 owners, you can RMA it or replace it yourself.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have tried to check on the APN setting based on the default APN setting I found on the net, but the setting seems okay except only i found "APN Type: default (Others, blank)' while on my phone setting it is "APN Type: default,supl". I am afraid to change anything without confirming it first, is that means anything?

As for the battery, I tried to think more positively and try to blame it on 3g connectivity which drains battery at lightning speed on my nexus 4. but i will try as you suggest tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MKSafwan View Post
    the battery percentage is dropping even when charging! .
    Safwan.
    Same problem with nexus 10 after moving to KitKat. No 3G ( tablet )

the battery percentage is dropping even when charging!

Same problem with nexus 10 after moving to kitkat

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kamair View Post
    the battery percentage is dropping even when charging!

Same problem with nexus 10 after moving to kitkat
    Are you using the OEM charger for your tablet? I noticed that since 4.4, my lower voltage phone charger slowly decreases the battery life in my N7, but with the high powered N7 charger, it actually charges quicker since the update

i am facing similar problem, did you get any solution? Please reply. Thanks.