1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 bug after 4.4 update... (Download notifications won't go away.)

So I have a Virgin Mobile Galaxy S3 that just got the 4.4 update this morning. Afterwards it had to redownload/update nearly every app on the device as well as all my SNES and Playsation ROMs which I though was odd.

Now all the notifications for thos downloads will not go away. I've cleared them all at once, I've cleared them all individually. When I turn the screen off and then turn it back on an dunlock the phone all those notifications are back in the notification bar.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to solve it?

Thanks.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 bug after 4.4 update... (Download notifications won't go away.)

Wow! I have a VZW SGS3 and I was not holding my breath for getting the update anytime soon. But you got it yesterday so I would assume that I just have to wait for VZW to get off their arse and do some work!

Sorry I don't have any answers on your notification issue.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 bug after 4.4 update... (Download notifications won't go away.)

I have a Boost Mobile Galaxy 3 phone and the same thing keeps happening. It's so aggravating.

My S3 just got the 4.3 update but did similar things. If you hold down one of those download notifications, it should bring up the app details. Click the "app details" and clear the cache. Normally its in your downloads area. Hope this helps.

I have a sprint galaxy s3 and just got the OTA 4.3 upgrade. Ever since the phone booted with the new rom, i have had 1 download notification that wont go away. I have pressed on the notification and cleard the app cache, i have even deleted the actual download file but it still returns to the notification bar. Any other ideas?

Discoverd tht if you open the downloads app from your app list you can clear the list of downloads under both tabs. It wont delete the downloads, only the refernce or memory of them in the app. Worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jmozdzier View Post
    Discoverd tht if you open the downloads app from your app list you can clear the list of downloads under both tabs. It wont delete the downloads, only the refernce or memory of them in the app. Worked for me.

Clearing in the downloads app worked. Thank you sooooo much, this was driving me crazy!!!

This worked for me too!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This was driving me crazy!

Hi guys, I've got exactly the same issue on my S3.

Not to sound stupid but where is the apps list under downloaded apps?

Good job it worked for me.
    Thanks,

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi V1.1 - KitKat 4.4.2

Just the fact the S3 hasn't got 4.4 surprises me to find this topic..
    Do not question the words I type, question the reply you are typing at this moment...

I experienced the same issue. By clearing the download lists, the constant notifications stopped. Thanks!!

Clearing the Cache of the Downloads app did not work for me but this did.....

Menu, Settings, More, Application Manager, [pull the screen until you see ALL], scroll down to Download Manager, Clear Data.
    Thanked by:

Go to your apps there is one app named DOWNLOADS KLICK ON THIS IT WILL OPEN UP A NEW WINDOW "internet download and other downloads open both of them and clear them ....your problem will be solved ....just did it myself

Go under your list of Apps and it is just called "Downloads".

-Hu.

Thanks it worked for me

Developed the same issue w/ my art S3 this thread has Been very helpful. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CvilleLambo View Post
    My S3 just got the 4.3 update but did similar things. If you hold down one of those download notifications, it should bring up the app details. Click the "app details" and clear the cache. Normally its in your downloads area. Hope this helps.
    This worked for me! I turned off the notifications first then cleared the cache and turned them back on. Thanks!

I have the same issue. Not sure where to go to turn this off. I have tried a few things but to no avail.

Okay. Did the cache clear. We will see if those pesky notifications stay away. Thanks!

Thank you all for saving my sanity. This appears to have worked!

Quote Originally Posted by mjonesy1 View Post
    Clearing the Cache of the Downloads app did not work for me but this did.....

Menu, Settings, More, Application Manager, [pull the screen until you see ALL], scroll down to Download Manager, Clear Data.
    it really help me! i have delete the apps so there will be enough memory, but i still can't download apps, because there's download notification : downloadfile.apk unsuccessful so i tried this. and it works!