1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Default Pin lock screen question

When I had my iPhone, I had a 4 digit pin lock code that I found very easy to unlock it with. When I switched back to android in may, I got an s4 and did not set up a lock because I do not like having to hit the "ok" button. I have a moto x with 4.4 and was hoping they would have made it so it would unlock the phone with no confirmation. My question is whether or not I can remove the "ok" button option or is it possible to Download alternative lock screen pin thing.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Pin lock screen question

I don't believe there is a way to bypass it without rooting and installing a different ROM (there may be an alternative app floating around but I can't find it).

Having to press ok is a bit more secure, as it doesn't limit you to 4 numbers, so pressing "OK' is the signal that you've entered all the digits. On the iPhone you could enable longer pins (after which you'd have to press ok) but it was down in the settings somewhere, and the default is just 4 (so if you had that enabled, it would unlock after the 4th digit).

Why don't you use faceunlock or pattern lock? You don't need to hit OK with them.

Quote Originally Posted by grn4frk View Post
    When I had my iPhone, I had a 4 digit pin lock code that I found very easy to unlock it with. When I switched back to android in may, I got an s4 and did not set up a lock because I do not like having to hit the "ok" button. I have a moto x with 4.4 and was hoping they would have made it so it would unlock the phone with no confirmation. My question is whether or not I can remove the "ok" button option or is it possible to Download alternative lock screen pin thing.

Thanks!

You can choose do to a swipe unlock method...Android phones make you click OK (I have a Motorola Bionic, for work, and the company requires it get encrypted so I have to unlock it and click OK to get to the phone)

I think it has something to do with patents.

Blame it on Apple.

Pin lock screen question-group-cry.gif.pagespeed.ce.fequ85zxgs.jpg
    HTC Hero > HTC Evo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwallyy View Post
    I think it has something to do with patents.

Blame it on Apple.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	group-cry.gif.pagespeed.ce.fEQu85ZXGs.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	95463
    That's what I was thinking. I know its more secure because someone else can't get immediate access to your phone by guessing (as easily anyways). Thanks for the input guys.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    Why don't you use faceunlock or pattern lock? You don't need to hit OK with them.
    I'm currently using pattern lock and find that better than a pin unlock. I have the "make pattern visible" option turned off so I think its more secure than a 4 digit # as friends can't see what you're hitting as easily. Face unlock I find not as useful as I'm not usually holding my phone at the level it requires.