Call History/Dialer/Missed call Default Option not saved

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Since the time I have upgraded to KitKat- I have been facing the issue of Call History. Every Time I miss a Call and I click on the name/number- Its asks me to select a default option of whoch way to open that entry , that is, through Dialer or through History. I tried selecting history and clicked on the "always use this option" but the same thing kept happening every time. After a few tries, I chose the other option and did the same thing and it again kept appearing... It looks like there's a bug in this and it never really saves my preference.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

any suggestions?

Nexus 4 user

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same phone and the exact same problem! Just started for me too. Perhaps completely unrelated, but my phone is also refusing to remember some (but not all) Wi-Fi passwords -- I have to re-enter the password everytime I get back in range of a particular wi-fi signal. On a separate thread about that issue, someone suggested doing a factory reset -- that would somehow fix a corrupted password file. I've been reluctant to do that because I don't want to screw up all the customizations I've made. But maybe I should just bite the bullet? Maybe that would fix this issue too?

manitu

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Same issue with Nexus 4 and KitKat.
Tried factory reset, but it did not solve it.
Using Dialer One (or trying at least)

raiken2k7

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I had same issue with Motorola Moto G and kitkat. When clicked on notification to see who called me it always asks what dialer to choose from dialer one and history.
I solved it by installing 4.3 (and i also got UTG support back)
I hope this problem to be fixed in next Android update.

Arieh Glazer

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having this issue. Moving to 4.4.3 didn't solve it.

There are about 10 different apps called "call history" - is there a specific one you're reffering to or are you assuming this is an issue with a specific app that any other one would solve?

AEOne14

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Are there any news to the problem/bug?

Sadly I have the same behavior with my Moto X and KitKat 4.4.2.
As often I choose "always use this option" for another dialing app (exDialer) - I have to confirm the selection again and again - every time when I want to look for missed calls.
I tried the app "Default App Manager" and set exDialer as the default Phone Dialer app. Sadly it didn't help.
The Google search brings also no solution... :(

Thanks, AEOne14

csjoshi

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
The key is the clock symbol at the bottom left corner in the call log (on the blue strip at the bottom of this screen). If you touch it, it should give you complete history :).

MaveRickPL

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody.
I had same problem. Finaly I found it and not it work!
Just go to exDialer "Preferences" (scroll down dialpad! and now see 3dots in right down corner!)
Pick "Advanced" and there "Replace Missed Call Notification"
Now will show up new window with note "exDialer" ("Notification Access")
Just mark "exDialer" and use go back button (NO HOME BUTTON!)
Just that! It Work.

Id check this on my Nexus5 5.0 AND my wife phone Nexus 5 4.4.4!

Ok, now suprise! Some of You guys it will not work!

JUST UNINSTALL exDialer and install it again and mark once again "Replace Missed Call Notification" and mark "exDialer"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie