Email server settings??

Dx3me

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here goes...

I'm having issues ever since I switched to my first Android phone, which was the Nexus 4, 8 months ago.
For some reason I can receive emails without any problems, but can't send any?
They just sit in the Outbox forever!

- For incoming messages I have set it to POP3 / mail.xxx.xx - STARTTLS (accept all certificates) - Port 110
And for outgoing messages I have set it to SMTP / smtp.mail.xxx.xxx - STARTTLS (accept all certificates) - Port 587
* I'm using the same settings as on my laptop, which work flawless under these settings.

-------------
What am I doing wrong??

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
What email app are you using? Have you tried a different app to see if it a settings issue or an app issue?

Dx3me

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Using the standard email app... which I'm kinda used to, should be possible to get it to work though?
(can't imagine all the Nexus users have these issues - as I had the exact same issue on my 'old' N4, and now on my N5 as well)

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Every email services use a different address, you need to search for it on Google and enter accordingly.

POP3 and IMAP are used for incoming mails. SMTP is used for outgoing. Also some servers use SSL, some use TLS so make sure you set the right one.

You should read on POP3 vs IMAP to see which work best for you. With POP3 your emails are downloaded locally from your Inbox and stored only by the device you're using to connect at the time, other devices can't access to the emails that you already stored and if you lose your stored emails on that device, then you lose it forever. IMAP access to the email in the server itself and allows multiple devices to access them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance