Google Music Play and Voice Commands

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I get Google and the Android strategy regarding music. Android has largely removed support for SD cards. Most phone makers are no longer including SD cards. It would appear that for large music libraries, Google wants us to use the cloud, yet....... I can't do a simple voice command to play music stored in the cloud rather than on the device. The results come back with "no results found". The only time it finds the music is when it is actually on the device.

So, I can either constantly have to manually manage a play list (since 32gig is not nearly enough space) or not use voice commands. I don't get it.

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
What commands are you using? I always use "listen to xyz". Alternatively, there may be a filter for on device only that may be acidentially checkef. Can you look into it?

Remember, the ban hammer is magically attracted to rudeness!

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I was using the "listen to" command. It would launch Google Play Music but then claimed it could not find the song or artist when I verbally told it to play. The feature did not work until the songs were physically put on the phone (pinning them didn't even work), I had to manually (well via double twist) load them on the phone.

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
My best guess would be to make a backup of all your music files and do a clear data and remove update for the google music app. Then re update the app and see if it works. Alternativly(but much more risky) you could do the same for the google search app.

Remember, the ban hammer is magically attracted to rudeness!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781