Android 4.4.2 & Instagram =dead battery

Troothdotcom

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
new to these forums so please give me a break (not a kit kat joke or is it) if this is in the wrong place. i would love some help or insight as to which may be the biggest problem. i updated to 4.4.2 to same day i updated my Instagram app (NEXUS 4) and my battery has been dying at an accelerated rate. my battery app shows that IG is using up to 37% of my battery at a time higher than my screen at 12%. if it is the IG update and not the 4.4.2 update does anyone know where i can get an older version of IG? thanks!

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You can uninstall the updates to Instagram. Can you screenshot the battery screen so people can better assist you.
What version did you update from? How was battery then?
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Well for starters you've been charging your phone alot. Do you know where to uninstall the updates to Instagram?

Troothdotcom

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
yes i have my phone dies way too quickly. i have no idea. idk what to do IG is a big part of my spoken word life so i need it id hate to have to remove it completely.
Well for starters you've been charging your phone alot. Do you know where to uninstall the updates to Instagram?

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Troothdotcom

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
not sure how to uninstall the update i just completely uninstalled the app. and that app you suggested needs root and im not rooted. would love to be but afraid of doing it wrong
Uninstalling the updates didn't help?
I found this and just installed to my device. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector&token=WVOs4I6k
Also you could search through xda and try to get some variety of app ops for 4.4.2 that will require root according to Xposed Module Brings Back App Ops on Android 4.4.2 to Give Your Control of Your Application Permissions – xda-developers

faustoromano

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I've got a Nexus 5 and the problem is the same. What I have found that helps a lot is to delete the app from the background running applications (lower right corner button and then slide all the garbage out of there). If instagram is not running in the background I get normal battery drainage (a day use). If I don't do that, my phone lasts 6 hours maybe.. I suppose it is an instagram compatibility issue.. This is just a workaround, it would be nice if those guys fixed it.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Are you on delvik or art? Try reinstalling instagram and see if it fixes anything. If you're on ART, try switching back to delvik.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

b3dlam

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
You can uninstall the updates to Instagram. Can you screenshot the battery screen so people can better assist you.
What version did you update from? How was battery then?

How do I uninstall the updates to instagram? It is also killing my battery

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I was confusing aftermarket apps with factory apps. As far as I know the updates to an aftermarket app can't be uninstalled. The best course of action would be hunting down an old version of the apk.

schox

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Samme problem "here" - Nexus5 - Android 4.4.2 (factory reset after OTA)

App reinstalled several times - cashe cleared.
Will try ART to see if there is any difference...

Posted via Android Central App

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
new to these forums so please give me a break (not a kit kat joke or is it) if this is in the wrong place. i would love some help or insight as to which may be the biggest problem. i updated to 4.4.2 to same day i updated my Instagram app (NEXUS 4) and my battery has been dying at an accelerated rate. my battery app shows that IG is using up to 37% of my battery at a time higher than my screen at 12%. if it is the IG update and not the 4.4.2 update does anyone know where i can get an older version of IG? thanks!

Try searching on Google for the previous version of instagram also try things like clicking on restrict background data in settings and check if auto refresh/ sync is turned off !

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance