Facebook contacts not in People app

shinydiscopants

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My FB contacts are not showing up in my People app. On People, "accounts" shows FB and auto sync app data is checked. On "contacts to display", FB is not included.

Oh yeah, I'm using a Moto X.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open your Facebook app, tap the menu button (or swipe in from the left), tap App Settings, and make sure "Sync Contacts" is set to Sync All.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Facebook contacts not in People app
I don't see sync contacts, only sync photos.

Really? That's odd. Maybe it's because I don't have FB Messenger installed, but in my Facebook Settings, I see the Sync Contacts option at the very bottom. You scrolled down all the way, right?

The other place to look would be System Settings>Accounts-Facebook, and make sure the Contacts box is checked.

shinydiscopants

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
All the way to the bottom is Chat Heads /Messenger Settings

System Settings just gives me the option to sync now. When I tap it, nothing seems to happen though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a definite answer for you. I wonder if it might be worth uninstalling Facebook, then reinstalling it, because I thought it asks you upon installation if you want to sync your contacts.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Stock Anroid won't intergrate Facebook contacts into your contact book without an additional app. I haven't gone through and set it up yet, but I'm sure if you ask this question in the Moto X forum instead of the general KitKat forum, you'll get some suggestions.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
y4atujed.jpg

Not sure if the issue is stock Android as I don't use that, but the option is there on my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Mike Wilson9

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the Motorla Razr Droid Maxx and it quit syncing, and the link you posted FINALLY answered my question as to, "Why did my FB contacts quit syncing." Thanks. It took an hour of surfing to get here but now I know.

Thanks!

I'm installing Sync.Me to see if I like it.

Mike Wilson9

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded it. It made some contacts duplicated as many as 4 times for no reason. Some contacts were merged with FB with the wrong people. No quick fix for that that I can find. Not sure about this program. Not impressed so far. May uninstall if I don't overcome the immediate problems. The answer for some of my problems direct me to 'contact' the company for help. LOL Yeah, I want to wait until somebody emails me back. Ok. We'll see.

Last edited:

kokociel

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys, I also have a Moto X and was very stuck with this; the sync contacts button in the People app was doing nothing. It was months before I even noticed that Facebook sync wasn't working.