Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Default Calendar that can sync google calendar and Facebook calendar

I just moved from blackberry to android and I am having some issues with the calendar. My old calendar had individual pop ups for each event, the pop up allowed you to open/snooze/ or dismiss each item individually. Also my old calendar had no trouble syncing my gmail and facebook calendars. Android seems to have trouble doing this seemingly simple task. Is there an app or special calendar that can do this? I have searched the forum and tried several apps to no avail any help would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    7,436 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Calendar that can sync google calendar and Facebook calendar

Go to Settings > Accounts > Google (your Gmail Account) and make sure the calendar and Facebook is set to sync. When calendar events pop-up events should be presented in the notification area with an option to snooze.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by projectmx View Post
    Is there an app or special calendar that can do this? I have searched the forum and tried several apps to no avail any help would be appreciated.
    Your best bet is to export your Facebook Calendars to your Google account/Calendar -- then you never have to worry about it again.

Do this on a computer:
    Export Facebook calendars: https://www.facebook.com/help/152652248136178/
    While you're in your Gmail calendar, you can also add "Other Calendars" -> "Interesting Calendars" and choose "US Holidays" -- very handy

Do this on your Android:
    After that, open your Calendar app -> Menu -> Calendars to Display
    Select the "Calendars to sync" button at the bottom and check the calendars you just created/added * (e.g., "Facebook Birthdays" and "Facebook Events" -- whatever you named them) if they're not checked already, and then make sure to check those two calendars when you go back to "Calendars to display" and you're done...

* If they don't show up, go to Settings and force a Calendar sync, then go back to the Calendar app and do as above -- I've seen it take a few minutes otherwise to sync new calendars... sometimes.
    Nexus4 - Stock 4.4.4
    Nexus7 - Stock 4.4.4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

So unlike blackberry which automatically keeps it synced every time a friend or a company I follow adds an event rather than it auto syncing I have to go through these steps again everytime?! what a pain. There is no other way to do this?
    Phone: Nexus 5
    Tablet: Nexus 7 2012