- 1 Posts
Setting up duplicate email/active sync accounts on android 4.4?
Due to circumstances at my work , I cannot access the internal network outside.
Therefore I have to use exchange active sync to sync my work calendar whilst I am at work.
To access emails outside of work with have a email route setup and a external email host.
The short is I have to add 2 accounts under the same email address. One which will connect to the work network locally over wifi and the other that will just allow me to view work emails externally.
This has worked fine previously but since my phone has been updated to 4.4 kitkat when adding the second account it pops up with a error message about duplicate accounts.
How can i bypass this message and add the second account?
Thanks for any advice in advance.
- 01-17-2014, 09:26 AM #2
- 2,650 Posts
Re: Setting up duplicate email/active sync accounts on android 4.4?
I would suggest using separate email apps.Pat
Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
- By kmolls in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 02-12-2014, 04:43 PM
- By kkhanmd in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 5Last Post: 01-28-2014, 12:48 PM
- By TheFlyingDave in forum Moto XReplies: 3Last Post: 01-17-2014, 11:01 AM
- By lilyuae in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2014, 10:30 AM
- By bigslam123#AC in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2014, 09:28 AM