How to stop auto correct / spell check when typing a url in hangouts?
This is very annoying and I'm amazed that searching google and forums doesn't seem to find anyone else frustrated by this!
When using Google Hangouts to text on my Nexus 5, every time I enter a web url the string is spell checked and becomes un-clickable.
If I type: "whatismyandrioidversion.com" into a txt/sms chat using hangouts, the string is spellchecked and auto corrected to "what is my android version.com".
So, then I have to go through a very annoying process of deleting the spaces between each word and fixing the url before I send the message.
I'm new to Android and would appreciate anyone able to give me some relief on this!
- 01-19-2014, 09:52 AM #2
Re: How to stop auto correct / spell check when typing a url in hangouts?
Exceeder, thank you for your response. I should have clarified my desired result: I want spell check to inspect my typing everywhere except when I am typing a URL.
In other words, spell check needs to be able to recognize a URL and not try to correct it.
I am suspecting this would be a feature recommendation and oppty for KitKat to be improved!
- By svilenkk in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2014, 05:33 PM
- By itaysk in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 17Last Post: 01-27-2014, 07:39 PM
- By ahawkua in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-20-2014, 09:36 AM
- By oxfordkiwi in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2014, 02:20 AM
- By Marc Salcedo in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2014, 08:14 AM