1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SMS with MMS notification

I'm not really sure how to describe this problem. I figure there's probably a name for the functionality I am after, but I don't know what it's called and that's hindering me from finding an app for this.

I'm using a Nexus 4 on an AT&T MVNO. For whatever reason the MMS functionality is kind of sketchy with MVNOs. Sometimes the message downloads, other times it does not. I use WhoIsItLite for sound notification, so I can have custom ringtones for different MMS senders. A lot of times, I get the notification sound for a particular MMS message, but the message does not appear in my SMS app. Sometimes after a few minutes (or hours) the phone will vibrate (handled by the SMS/MMS app) and the message has come through and is listed.

What I'm looking for, is an SMS/MMS app that will show when I get a new MMS message, even if it's not been downloaded. GoSMS appears to have functionality that more or less offers this. When I get a new MMS message, it will tell me that there is a new MMS message and who it is from, but it may have an icon there waiting for the message to be dowloaded. But GoSMS is a little bloated, I'd like something a little bit simpler if possible.

Global Posts
    6,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: SMS with MMS notification

Quote Originally Posted by evotz View Post
    I'm not really sure how to describe this problem. I figure there's probably a name for the functionality I am after, but I don't know what it's called and that's hindering me from finding an app for this.

I'm using a Nexus 4 on an AT&T MVNO. For whatever reason the MMS functionality is kind of sketchy with MVNOs. Sometimes the message downloads, other times it does not. I use WhoIsItLite for sound notification, so I can have custom ringtones for different MMS senders. A lot of times, I get the notification sound for a particular MMS message, but the message does not appear in my SMS app. Sometimes after a few minutes (or hours) the phone will vibrate (handled by the SMS/MMS app) and the message has come through and is listed.

What I'm looking for, is an SMS/MMS app that will show when I get a new MMS message, even if it's not been downloaded. GoSMS appears to have functionality that more or less offers this. When I get a new MMS message, it will tell me that there is a new MMS message and who it is from, but it may have an icon there waiting for the message to be dowloaded. But GoSMS is a little bloated, I'd like something a little bit simpler if possible.
    There are a lot of other alternatives worth looking at. Take a look at these (in no particular order) and see what may work for you: