Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By m3mpower
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Add keyboards, mute incoming calls on Nexus 5, how to?

Hi guys
    I'm really new to Android having switched from iOS yesterday, so i need some help please.
    Bought the Nexus 5 and it is running Android 4.4.2 kitkat

1- i write texts, emails in three languages, French, English and Spanish, on my iPhone, i could use these three keyboard and write correctly in those languages.
    How can i do this on the Nexus 5? i tried to go to settings, language and input, and i don't see any option to add other than English keyboard.

2- how can i mute an incoming call, ie turn the ringing tone off without hanging up the call.

3- i downloaded Whatsapp app and it came as 2 icons on my screen, not sure if i should delete one of them?

Thanks and sorry for all these questions

Default Re: Add keyboards, mute incoming calls on Nexus 5, how to?

Quote Originally Posted by m3mpower View Post
    1- i write texts, emails in three languages, French, English and Spanish, on my iPhone, i could use these three keyboard and write correctly in those languages.
    How can i do this on the Nexus 5? i tried to go to settings, language and input, and i don't see any option to add other than English keyboard.
    Go to Settings>Language & Input, then tap the settings icon next to Google Keyboard, then tap Input Languages. Uncheck "Use System Language," and then select the language you want.

Alternatively, you could go to Settings>Language & Input>Language, and select the language you want. All of the system text will be converted to that language, but so will the keyboard.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Go to Settings>Language & Input, then tap the settings icon next to Google Keyboard, then tap Input Languages. Uncheck "Use System Language," and then select the language you want.

Alternatively, you could go to Settings>Language & Input>Language, and select the language you want. All of the system text will be converted to that language, but so will the keyboard.
    Great, it worked

THANK YOU
    B. Diddy likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post

Sorry do you know how to silence an incoming call on the Nexus 5?
    Thanks

I haven't tried any, but you can find a number of them if you Google "Android silence incoming." Here's one:
    Thanked by: