4.4.2 battery drain

propeller10

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to Android 4.4.2 battery drain issue?

As you can see 'Android OS' is killing the battery. My nexus 7 used to last close to 5 days with regular usage. Now I have to recharge it every 2 days. I know this is a common issue with 4.4.2 but haven't been able to find a solution.

Screenshot_2014-01-15-18-57-41.png

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to Android 4.4.2 battery drain issue?

As you can see 'Android OS' is killing the battery. My nexus 7 used to last close to 5 days with regular usage. Now I have to recharge it every 2 days. I know this is a common issue with 4.4.2 but haven't been able to find a solution.

View attachment 102587

If this is a current screenshot, charge the battery until you hit 30%, then follow this guide by a fellow Ambassador: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
First off, 5 days for your Nexus 7? How much do you use it? Hell, I feel like 2 days without having to charge would be good enough. But I guess not if you're used to 5.

I have Kit Kat on my Moto X and I don't have significant battery drainage. I can go through a whole day with it and that works for me fine.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

propeller10

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
First off, 5 days for your Nexus 7? How much do you use it? Hell, I feel like 2 days without having to charge would be good enough. But I guess not if you're used to 5.

I have Kit Kat on my Moto X and I don't have significant battery drainage. I can go through a whole day with it and that works for me fine.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I've gone up to 8 days with very light usage. :D

But the battery usually lasts about 5 days with moderate usage. (checking mail, web browsing). After updating to 4.4.2 the battery only lasts 2 days with very light usage(as shown in the screenshot). So That's a massive drop for me.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I am using 4.3 jelly bean in my note 3. I will not update. Lots of problem in kitkat.
I totally agree but surprisingly battery drain hasn't been one of them for me.

It's certainly no worse for me on my XT1032 than JB 4.3 and I would suggest it's slightly better, but otherwise I would stay put for now.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced occasional Android OS wake locks burning battery like that when something about the WiFi network connection prevents the system from sleeping. If this is what's happening, then the wake locks should go away when WiFi is off. One thing to try is forgetting all the saved WiFi networks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith