Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5. Help finding files using windows 8

I just got a Nexus 5 yesterday and received a song from my friend. He made it using rockband but it is saved as an m4a. I can view over 19 folders using Astro File viewer on my phone but when I connect to my HP laptop running Windows 8.1 i can only view 12 folders. I used astro to move the song to a folder I can view on my laptop but it shows up as empty even though I know the file is in there. Why wont my laptop recognize many of these files. I would like to be able to move the song to google play so I can have it in my cloud but it is as though the file does not exist. Is there any way to make all these files appear. I have usb debugging on and have tried connecting as both PTP and MTP. I am coming from a Galaxy S 3 so this is a bit different as i do not have removable storage. Thanks in Advance. Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 5. Help finding files using windows 8-capture11.png   Nexus 5. Help finding files using windows 8-screenshot_2014-01-29-22-46-19-1-.jpg   Nexus 5. Help finding files using windows 8-screenshot_2014-01-29-22-46-12-1-.jpg  

Default Re: Nexus 5. Help finding files using windows 8

Welcome to Android Central! With MTP, not all folders are visible on your PC. Did you try moving the music file to the Music directory?

If you continue to have difficulties, I suggest trying a wireless file transfer app like Wifi File Explorer or AirDroid.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I moved the file to the music folder but the folder it is in in the music folder shows up empty. I will look into the wireless file transfer idea. Thanks. Any other recommendations I will gladly take

Global Posts
    4,426 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Forsythe View Post
    I moved the file to the music folder but the folder it is in in the music folder shows up empty. I will look into the wireless file transfer idea. Thanks. Any other recommendations I will gladly take
    If you're looking for wireless data transfer, you can try AirDroid.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn

On your computer is "show hidden files and folders availible " and do you have the SDK

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 or iPhone 5