Hello,
a friend of mine has updated his Phone and now his Whatsapp does'nt work,
he uninstalled Whatsapp and did a battery pull on the Phone,
and then he installed it back on the Phone and it is still not working,
i remembber he has the latest software of Whatsapp

can i get some help please

It's a Samsung Galaxy S4
Welcome to the forums!

WhatsApp supports Android 4.4 (KitKat), though might have issues if your friend has ART (Android Run Time) as the default. If he doesn't, then the issue could be specific to the S4. I would still make sure he doesn't have ART enabled (re-enable Dalvik) and uninstall then re-install WhatsApp.

Hopefully that helps...keep us posted.

Troublemakermk4

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello welcome for welcoming me SRKMAGNUS,

By my knowing he had the KITKAT software update and after a couple reboots (software and app updates) from the Phone Whatsapp does'nt work,

i don't think he has problems with the ART, he had in the past trouble with his S4 with apps did'nt run wel or did'nt work .

I say to him that he must clean his Phone by a factory update and backup the Phone for his info

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

WhatsApp supports Android 4.4 (KitKat), though might have issues if your friend has ART (Android Run Time) as the default. If he doesn't, then the issue could be specific to the S4. I would still make sure he doesn't have ART enabled (re-enable Dalvik) and uninstall then re-install WhatsApp.

Hopefully that helps...keep us posted.

ART is only for phones with Kit Kat. The S4 is on 4.3 :-\

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello welcome for welcoming me SRKMAGNUS,

By my knowing he had the KITKAT software update and after a couple reboots (software and app updates) from the Phone Whatsapp does'nt work,

i don't think he has problems with the ART, he had in the past trouble with his S4 with apps did'nt run wel or did'nt work .

I say to him that he must clean his Phone by a factory update and backup the Phone for his info

Like I mentioned above, the S4 doesn't have Kit Kat. So it can't be an issue with ART.
Do any other messaging apps work or is it just What's app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Other apps works fine but only Whatsapp does't work well

I think really he has 4.4 software (i ask him again)

It was 4.3 :-\

Yeah, the S4 doesn't have 4.3
It could be an issue with 4.3. Check out the reviews on the app and see if anyone else has the issue

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
hi , i just flashed my rom and replaced it with slim rom kit kat (slim kat ) . none of my messenger apps are working... like whats app , facebook messenger ,, etc .. so i wanna know bout this issue and bout this ART thingi .... im a bit of a noob at this .. thnkx in advance . cheers mate;)

Raymond Dsilva

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
hello,

I have a similar problem on my phone as well, and this is a problem im facing sine i updated the firmware from Jelly Bean to Kitkat,currently running 4.4.2. My phone is a Lenovo P780. So i dont think this problem is specific to the Samsung irrespective of whichever model you are using.

Its really frustrating, and i really wish i could go back to the JB. It was a charm.

Melad Jalily

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys i just recently got a samsung galaxy tab4 with 4.4.2 kitkat version, but whatsapp does not work with this device. android and samsung should do solve this issue or whatsapp team should do it asap.

tnx.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet