1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Default Alarm notifications no longer have dismiss option?

Anyone notice this issue? My alarm notifications no longer have the dismiss option.

Default Re: Alarm notifications no longer have dismiss option?

In which rom are u

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Wow, sorry I missed your reply.

It's a stock nexus 5, not rooted. I haven't had dismissible alarm notifications for quite some time now.

I have been having this problem intermittently on BOTH my Nexus 5 phone and on my 2012 Nexus 7 tablet. Both run Android 4.4.2. One thing I have noticed is that whatever happens with this feature occurs on both at the same time, which suggests that it is something that is not phone specific but [maybe] something that comes from Google, like an update to one or more of their apps, or maybe some some non-Google app that I happen to have on both my phone and my tablet (the app sets are similar but not identical. I have had this function stop working for a while, then start working on both devices for a while, then stop working again. Right now and for the past week or two the feature does NOT work and it is driving me nuts, as I have gotten used to using this feature all the time.

If anyone has a solution to this, please post it, as the lack of this useful feature has become a big inconvenience.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

I was going to load my phone with the factory restore tonight to see if this issue and the dialer not showing the keyboard issue could be corrected. Both annoying but not a show stopper.

Yes, exactly. They have been there, I got used them avidly, then they disappeared, days or weeks later reappeared, now have disappeared again. I have no idea what's causing it, but I wish that I (or someone) could figure it out.

Yes, exactly. They have been there, I got used them avidly, then they disappeared, days or weeks later reappeared, now have disappeared again. I have no idea what's causing it, but I wish that I (or someone) could figure it out.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

After doing a factory restore on the nexus 5 my alarm dismissals still aren't working. There must be some conflict and I can't help but think lightflow has something to do with it.

At least my phone dial pad works every time now.

FWIW, I don't use Lightflow, so at least in my case, it must be something else.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

That's good to hear, I can probably cross that off of my suspect list.

i have the same issue too. not good

Just found this thread while I was looking for something else. Are we sure this is a 4.4.x issue? I got a new GS4Active about 2 months ago (so it was on 4.3) and I have never had dismissable notifications. I now have 4.4.2 and still don't have them. I thought it was odd since my old GNex which had 4.2.2 did have them & now a newer device with a newer OS doesn't.
    Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/4AiUNSMC

Mine
    - Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.

Ok. I found the answer, although it's not really a good thing.....

Reading the comments on this article The KitKat Clock app has a subtle but impressive feature | Android Central a user Impulses mentions that Samsung, HTC, etc. replace the stock clock app with their own flavor.

Check out the screenshots in this article and see if that stock clock app looks like yours. It definitely does NOT look like mine (thanks alot Samsung ). They also offer up the .apk for you to download!
    Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/4AiUNSMC

Mine
    - Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by maxburn View Post
    Anyone notice this issue? My alarm notifications no longer have the dismiss option.
    I have a stock (not rooted) Nexus 5 and I have had this problem on and off for quite a while now. See my previous post on this subject. It tends to come and go -- last week it worked fine every day; starting yesterday it did not work. It seems that the dismiss option, when it works, doesn't become active until shortly before the set alarm time; how long, I don't know, maybe 1-2 hours. I don't have a big enough sample to be sure. I have an unsupported theory that the problem may come after Google updates one or more of the built-in apps, but I'm not at all sure of this, nor am I sure what happens to allow it to start working again.

For me, it's a valuable feature and I get annoyed and feel helpless when it stops working. I can only hope that Android 4.4.3 may contain a fix for this problem.