Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default need help to decide on a new phone

Ok, currently i Have nexus 4, which will soon go to my wife. I have narrowed my choice down to Nexus 5 and LG G2. Assume they will both be on CM (the LG for sure). Aside from price difference which one one would you chose?

I am probably in the minority, but i like the back buttons and also the battery life is the main reason i am thinking about it. Is there anything that is a minus four it compared to the nexus 5?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: need help to decide on a new phone

Between the Nexus 5 and the LG G2, I would pick the LG G2. My reason is that battery life is important to me. And since you are going to be putting CM on the LG, it will have great performance. (I am not saying that the Nexus 5 has bad performance, I am saying that the LG will most likely be just as fast and smooth.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Between the Nexus 5 and the LG G2, I would pick the LG G2. My reason is that battery life is important to me. And since you are going to be putting CM on the LG, it will have great performance. (I am not saying that the Nexus 5 has bad performance, I am saying that the LG will most likely be just as fast and smooth.)
    Have you used it? I like the battery life as well. Just curios to hear from someone who has used it.

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    The Nexus 5 and LG G2 have the same internals so there shouldn't be any difference in performance. The G2 has a better camera and battery life. The Nexus 5 is cheaper. I had the same decision to make and love my Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by Nasko View Post
    Have you used it? I like the battery life as well. Just curios to hear from someone who has used it.

I have not owned it but I have used it in the Verizon store.

LG G2 is fantastic. I love the back buttons, because I never accidentally press them when grabbing the phone out of my pocket. With my Galaxy S4, I had to make a conscious effort not to press the side buttons.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I love my Nexus 5.

The G2 gets great battery life. I usually get 6-8 hrs. Screen on time. I'm currently at 56% after 4 hrs. Screen time (email, tapatalk, music, youtube).

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

I'm looking at my options, too - in my case, it would be a move from an iPhone 4.

LG builds both, so that's a wash (but if you buy N5 from Google Store, they service it. If from your service provider, N5 and G2 serviced by LG) while - if the prices are anywhere close as under contract with your provider - the G2 (at least in Toronto) routinely comes with 32 GB storage, while the N5 usually arrives as the 16 GB model.