Popups and strange behaviour
I have obviously been infected with some sort of spyware but am lost as to how to find / remove. Equipment is Nexus 10 with kit kat stock.
The activity. When I turn it on I am taken to the play store to a game app. I have been to that app in the play store. I will also get a popup in the middle of my home suggesting I download some app. I hit cancel and it goes away and won't come back for several hours.
I have deleted all recent app installs. I have run Anti Spy Mobile with no spyware detected. I have deleted cache on all browsers.
Does anyone have a suggestion what I could do next.
- 02-09-2014, 10:42 AM #3
- 02-10-2014, 01:11 AM #6
Re: Popups and strange behaviour
If it's popping up on your home screen and in other apps, it's an app. Probably not spyware at all, just adware. You'll have to keep deleting apps until you find it or just do a factory reset. If you're only seeing it in the browser like in your screen shot, it's probably either the browser you're using or a website you're visiting.
- By usama tur razzam in forum Skyrocket Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 04-09-2016, 10:26 PM
- By iain555 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 12-02-2015, 11:52 PM
- By jdevenberg in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 15Last Post: 02-24-2014, 01:15 PM
- By zxcvb4321 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-2014, 11:29 AM
- By tamasu in forum Android GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-2014, 09:13 AM