Upgrading to KitKat

ihsaaan

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys... Im fairly new to the Android scene. Im using an HTC One on JB 4.3 with the Android Revolution MOD. Firstly I wanted to understand something:

Correct me if im wrong.. The Android Revolution mod is just some tweaks that can be applied to the Android OS and not a rebuild of the entire OS with additional features?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and Android.
From what I have been able to tell after a little searching from Google, it is a ROM, and probably a rebuild of the OS.

coolerester

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i have slim bean rom 4.3. running android 4.3.1. galaxy s3 sprint. I am not sure why buy I am able to install different roms but not able to install android 4.4 . what am I doing wrong? I have already installed the most recent bootloaders, cm and twrk. both bootloaders were unable to install the android 4.4. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend you to wait a month or so before updating to Kitkat. Even the release by Google on Nexus phones has lots of bugs that need to be fixed.
Android 4.4 KitKat Issues And Problems That You Should Know - International Business Times

Android 4.4 KitKat Issues Pile Up

Almost all software is going to have bugs that need fixing. The difference is having bugs that make the device not usable versus having a device that can function with bugs. I have the Nexus 5 and there are no bugs in the device which make it unpleasant to use or non-functional. It performs well, and the bugs that exist have no impact with the way the device performs (in my opinion). There might be a particular feature, or App, that is affected. For those situations I'd suggest finding a replacement until a fix is issued.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy