- 1 Posts
Nexus 7 2013 crashing & rebooting after Kitkat 4.4.2 update
I've bought the new nexus 7 today.It was on 4.3.1 Jeally Bean, after it downloads and installs 4.4.2 update the device crashes and restarts immediately(after 2-3 minutes use)
.And i'm so confused ...
What should i do?
- 02-10-2014, 07:13 AM #2
- 02-11-2014, 04:47 PM #3
- 265 Posts
Re: Nexus 7 2013 crashing & rebooting after Kitkat 4.4.2 update
If you haven't already done a full restore, try this first. Goto Settings, select apps (all) and scroll to Launcher. Select it and then clear cache, then clear data. Then hold power button down until it shuts off and begins reboot sequence. Once reboot starts let go of power button and let the device reboot itself. This is a hard reset and between that and clearing out the junk in the launcher you might solve your problem. As a last resort do the factory reset.
Often when upgrading to a major OS upgrade a lot of junk from the old OS remains in the system cache and needs to be removed in order for the device to function properly. Good luck.
- By NeilWhitear in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 71Last Post: 03-18-2014, 05:31 AM
- By ihsaaan in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 5Last Post: 02-15-2014, 03:30 AM
- By Martin D in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 02-10-2014, 12:32 PM
- By ziyuang in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 0Last Post: 02-10-2014, 05:29 AM
- By MalG3 in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 02-10-2014, 01:02 AM