- 2 Posts
Cannot get custom sounds/ringtones to work.
I have a Nexus 5. If I choose a custom notification sound in hangouts, for example, that is an .mp3 file, I would get the word "Silent" underneath the sound setting. The same goes for ringtones, but the word that shows underneath Phone ringtone in settings would be "None". I've tried putting the file under the Ringtone folder and it still wouldn't work. How do I get custom sounds to work on KitKat/Nexus 5?
And my volume isn't set to mute or anything. It can be set all the way up and nothing would happen.
- 02-12-2014, 01:10 PM #2
- 2,650 Posts
Re: Cannot get custom sounds/ringtones to work.
You can only set up custom ringtones in stock Android, not notifications. Put the ringtone you want into the ringtones folder and then go to settings/sound/phone ringtone and choose the tone you want. If you want specific ones for certain people, go into the People app and edit that contact.Pat
Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
- By xpendragon0711 in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 11Last Post: 02-28-2014, 04:42 PM
- By rockitdog23 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 9Last Post: 02-15-2014, 12:39 AM
- By nokia4life in forum Samsung ChromebookReplies: 1Last Post: 02-14-2014, 10:47 AM
- By nvn in forum Nexus 5 AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 02-14-2014, 09:12 AM
- By macaroon9 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 13Last Post: 02-14-2014, 07:35 AM