- 1 Posts
I want to upgrade to KitKat on Gionee E6 phone
I bought Gionee Elife E6 phone, which is running with Jelly beans 4.2 I want to upgrade to Kitkat latest andriod OS, please guide me how to do it.
Gionee Elife E6 phone, configuration here Gionee Elife E6 specifications, features and comparison
Waiting for the quick reply.
- 02-12-2014, 09:56 AM #2
Re: I want to upgrade to KitKat on Gionee E6 phone
The manufacturer needs to support the update. Much like a PC, the OS needs "drivers" for the chipset inside. If the chip maker doesn't supply drivers for the chipset the phone manufacturer can't build an OS update for the device. While this diagram applies to HTC, it is actually VERY similar across the Android ecosystem. Obviously some ares (outside the US) won't have carrier certification hurdles, but it covers the part about compatible chipset drivers needing to be supplied in order to consider building an update.
HTC Software Updates | HTC United States
- 03-28-2014, 11:06 AM #3
- 04-11-2014, 06:12 AM #4
- 04-11-2014, 06:19 AM #5
- By rzinn in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 02-17-2014, 10:22 AM
- By ChackieJan in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 02-15-2014, 02:02 AM
- By nokia4life in forum Samsung ChromebooksReplies: 1Last Post: 02-14-2014, 10:47 AM
- By nickadimas in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 02-14-2014, 01:57 AM
- By zaydabarber in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 1Last Post: 02-11-2014, 11:09 PM