Moto G dialpad does not load first time after Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update?

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,

I got Android Kitkat update for Moto G this Friday, here at India :)..
Update went smooth and looks good.

But now the phone dialpad does not load at all the first time I touch the dialpad icon (it brings up a small white panel layout). Pressing the dialpad again second time loads up the new cool dialpad introduced in 4.4.2 kitkat update. :confused:

Is this a known issue for Moto G? Does anyone face same issue?
Kindly let me know how to get this problem resolved..

Thanks in advance,
Praveen

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The Kit Kat dialer doesn't open the dial pad by default. It opens to frequent contacts first. But I suppose this would have been the same as 4.4?

Posted via Android Central App

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
By default it should work without any issues.

As mentioned earlier, you need to enable Developer options by tapping (tap repeatedly multiple times) Build number in Settings-->About phone.
Then in Settings-->Developer Options, set Animator duration scale to a non-zero value, I made it 0.5x. The new dial pad is designed to slide and show, so animation duration cannot be zero.

Bapu Reddy

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
in the developer option.minimum animation scale for all should be atleast 0.5x. but with 0.5x not worked, again I changed 1.0x and working fine...

Julie Scaria

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto G dialpad does not load first time

Can someone help me with this.The first time I try to open the dialler pd,it hows me a blank page.Then again I need to go back and open the dialler pad.
I tried to open the builder no 7 times,but it says I am already the developer,so then how do i solve this issue