Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By japetty
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default When will the Note 3 get the update?

    I am on T-Mobile and thought the note 3 and S/4 were supposed to have already gotten the Update any ideas when it will hit the phones?
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: When will the Note 3 get the update?

    Welcome to Android Central
    The updates are just starting to rollout, but there is no confirmed date for T-Mo. I'm guessing we'll see it within the next few weeks though

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: When will the Note 3 get the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Welcome to Android Central
    The updates are just starting to rollout, but there is no confirmed date for T-Mo. I'm guessing we'll see it within the next few weeks though

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Thanks
  4. #4  

    Default Re: When will the Note 3 get the update?

    Samsung only put out the phone that will be getting Kitkat 4.4.2 and released it...they are updating many of the newer phones and TABS on this release. Samsung lays out which devices will get Android 4.4.2 KitKat | Android Central Samsung can't tell your provider when to release the update to its customers. Since you are TMob I would guess you would be first or so, I am a VZW customer so I know VZW customers will be the VERY LAST to get the update probably months from now.
    GeekNews likes this.
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: When will the Note 3 get the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    Samsung only put out the phone that will be getting Kitkat 4.4.2 and released it...they are updating many of the newer phones and TABS on this release. Samsung lays out which devices will get Android 4.4.2 KitKat | Android Central Samsung can't tell your provider when to release the update to its customers. Since you are TMob I would guess you would be first or so, I am a VZW customer so I know VZW customers will be the VERY LAST to get the update probably months from now.
    VZW has been good about updates lately. They were among the first for 4.3 on the S3 and S4. T-Mo has been the opposite

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  6. #6  

    Default Re: When will the Note 3 get the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    VZW has been good about updates lately. They were among the first for 4.3 on the S3 and S4. T-Mo has been the opposite

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    The reason they updated with 4.3 was because it was required for those google accessories to work with the S4 and they thought they would get to sell customers those accessories and make good money.
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: When will the Note 3 get the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by japetty View Post
    The reason they updated with 4.3 was because it was required for those google accessories to work with the S4 and they thought they would get to sell customers those accessories and make good money.
    It was for them to be compatible with the Galaxy Gear. That doesn't explain why T-Mobile took longer to update

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  8. #8  
    JimSmith94's Avatar

    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

    Default Re: When will the Note 3 get the update?

    Sprint's Note 3 is getting the KitKat update today, although I'm in DFW and haven't received it yet.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: When will the Note 3 get the update?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
    Sprint's Note 3 is getting the KitKat update today, although I'm in DFW and haven't received it yet.
    I saw it here in va but not anymore

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Emoji on the Galaxy S5?
    By UJ95x in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 08:08 PM
  2. Can you move "notes" on the device?
    By kelleygirlmma in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2014, 01:37 AM
  3. KitKat Update?
    By Hasbrobot in forum US Cellular Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 10:42 AM
  4. Still on 4.3. Should I update?
    By Transtang z28 in forum Google Nexus 10 Tablet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 06:57 PM
  5. Just switched from iPhone 5 to Note 3.....Love it!
    By MrWes12 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 02:39 PM

Posting Permissions