Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.42 HTC One..how do I get rid of the lock screen?

I never use it.. to me, it;s a pain. Previously we were offered options under Personalize..and one of those was to NOT have a lock screen. I don't see that option anywhere. Is it hidden somewhere? I would like my lock screen gone! Thank you!

Global Posts
    4,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: 4.42 HTC One..how do I get rid of the lock screen?

Quote Originally Posted by nneptune View Post
    I never use it.. to me, it;s a pain. Previously we were offered options under Personalize..and one of those was to NOT have a lock screen. I don't see that option anywhere. Is it hidden somewhere? I would like my lock screen gone! Thank you!
    You can't set your lock screen to none? I think it should be under the security tab in the settings menu,
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was just heading there when your message came in.. Thanks. I'll check it out now..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Damn. I set it for no lock screen, and yet there it is! I wonder why? It's just a pain for me to have it there..not the end of the world, but I can't seem to get rid of it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Being so new, there is nothing out there when I search on how to get rid of the lock screen on HTC ONE 4.42. It's just kind of driving me crazy, because I don't need it! If anyone finds a way, let me know. You used to be able to go to Personalize, and remove the lock screen from there. 4.42 does not have that option. I tried Security, too..but it's still there.. grrr!

When you said you set it for no lock do you mean you checked the box for "Bypass lock screen on wake" and it's still there? I have mine checked and I don't have to swipe up to unlock, but I'm using facelock. So it goes straight to the facelock screen.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

I use Auto Unlock.
    It works great (on HTC One).

Omg I have the same problem. I'm going crazy I can't get rid of this locked screen, so annoying!

I've heard that HTC removed that option and you have to go with a 3rd party app to get it now.

Guys, the Lock Screen and the Security Screen are two different things. With the Lock Screen, you first need to slide up on the lock symbol, then you have to input your pin or draw or face or whatever to get to Home. With the Security Screen, you only need to slide up on the lock symbol to get to Home.

With "Bypass lock screen on wake" option, if it's checked, the Lock Screen won't appear, but the Security Screen is still there. It "Skip[s] lock screen and go[es] directly to Security screen," as it says. There used to be an option under Personalize that disabled the Security screen entirely, but it seems HTC removed it for some asinine reason :\

Try a free app I use called "No Lock", super simple - open the app, one large button that says Lock Enabled, press to change to Lock Disabled, never worry again - or search Google Play Market for "disable lock screen" or something similar ("No Lock" is the first app to come up using that search term). Good luck ^_^=b
    Thanked by:
    RickMG 

Thanks for that No Lock deal. Took a minute and problem gone.